• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Getty and BPA?

Captain Morgan

one interesting thing is how does the board get affected as the draft progresses. eg, when I do Fanspeaks mock draft, I often have a WR as BPA for the first 3 rounds.

do you really take BPA if you've already drafted 2 of that same position? very doubtful. with this draft being so deep

at WR, I think the weight for WR in the 1st has to go down.

Pretty sure need helps to determine a teams BPA. Their opinion of BPA may not be everyone else's

Not according to Gettleman. This is a direct quote from him, "We are going to draft the best guy. If we have 5 studs at one position and the best guy is at that position, I'm taking him. You can look at me like I've got brain damage, but I'm going to do it."

2 things, how do we know if Kugzilla was or was not the BPA? We haven't seen him play. I thought he would have been released by now after the attempted waiving.

We drafting in 6 and 7th rd, how can you really determine BPA. To Getts, a stellar recommendation means a lot. Obviously they were onto something cause the Pats wasted no time in getting him! Some analyst have been saying he is a big part of the reason they are comfortable letting Ridley and Vereen walk

No idea if kugzilla was the true BPA or not. I wasn't in the war room nor saw the big broad. Its just my best guess.

Drafting in the 6/7th is very confusing now-a-days. What I've learn is most team focus on STs at that time. Plus dumb as it may sound, they don't draft the BPA ava. If they really want a player and have feeling he will not sign as a UDFA, they will use a draft pick on said player and hope their BPA will go undrafted. Or if a HC, OC, or DC must have a player the GM will use a 6/7 to satisfy them. Former jets GM said on record he gave ryan one free pick starting in 5-7. Plus I doubt if you already drafted 2 BPAs of XX and BPA XX is in the 6/7, you may pass since you didn't even need the first two to start with.

Archived