• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Alan "Blue Balls" Ball leaves Panther offer on table

CubsWin

When first hearing about Alan Ball the CB I thought it may have been a different player than the former safety of Dallas but it's the same guy. I don't believe he will play safety for us but it's good to know he has experience at other positions and can play special teams.

I wonder if we automatically put Bene in the Slot or if we have Bene and Ball compete for the #2 corner spot?

When first hearing about Alan Ball the CB I thought it may have been a different player than the former safety of Dallas but it's the same guy. I don't believe he will play safety for us but it's good to know he has experience at other positions and can play special teams.

I wonder if we automatically put Bene in the Slot or if we have Bene and Ball compete for the #2 corner spot?

From what I read, he's been bad at other positions. I'd expect him to compete for s starting spot.

From what I read, he's been bad at other positions. I'd expect him to compete for s starting spot.

True, I don't know about special teams though. It's the simple fact that he does have experience, not that he can do it well. Crazy injuries could happen and we need someone to step up to play safety where he could fill in until the end of the game. It also shows that he's willing to do things for the team by changing positions.

Even if Bene wins the #2 corner spot, he will play nickel in that package to utilize everyone's strengths. Then in a 4-3 set I'm sure Bene will move outside

LOL, his Madden stats have him portrayed with the exact opposite strengths in comparison to the scouting report which says he's best in press/man. Madden has his press weak at 65 and 79 man while having 86 zone. BTW Madden also has Norman, Bene, and Ball all at 87 speed ouch!

Archived