• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This whole drafting the best player available talk around here is ridiculous

GoobyPls

Lol I'm not so sure that's the common theme around here. Most people know that you draft BPA based on your needs. As long as the BPA fits a need we'll draft him. We don't need a DT, OG, QB, RB, or CB in the first but any other position is fair game.

Have you checked the forum lately? Apparently we need a CB and a RB in the first round.

Have you checked the forum lately? Apparently we need a CB and a RB in the first round.

If they truly believe Gurley will be a beast then it's not that outrageous of a pick.

Stewart might be entering his last season here, and if Norman balls out this year he might command a contract we can't afford to pay him.

It's not as outrageous as it sounds.

DG wasn't GM when Cam was drafted.

DG has made it abundantly clear throughout his GMing that the best player on the board is who his team is drafting.

Your thread kinda sucks.

Kelvin wasn't the BPA at the time and most of this forum wanted Lee

JJ Watt, Green, Peterson where all ranked ahead of him

And what is the common link between all 3 of those players?

They are on teams with no QB. (Andy Dalton isn't awful but he's not franchise in my eyes). I'd take Cam again if that draft were done over today.

That hardest part about the Huddle being so awesome and popular is that every year we have the same arguments about the same poo because people come on that weren't here for the same exact argument last year.

I think it was me and Proudiddy or Growl that had a pretty heated discussion about this for about 25+ pages last year.

Yep.

And on gameday, we have a subset that's always ready to declare defeat as soon as the opponent scores (even if we scored first).

Plus you have the crowd that annually declares the offseason a failure if we haven't thrown a jillion dollars at somebody they saw on Sportscenter within the first hour.

That same crowd will probably be screaming that every pick we make on Draft Day is a mistake.

Throw in the people who predict 0-16 after the first half of one quarter of preseason play.

Sheesh :unsure:

I distinctly remember that offseason and Watt was rarely in discussion for the #1 pick.

It kept going between Dareus, Newton, Peterson, and Green.  Not many thought a WR warranted a 1st overall though. 

Then you had a crowd that actually wanted Gabbert lol. 

Kelvin wasn't the BPA at the time and most of this forum wanted Lee

He was the Best Player Available to the Panthers that's why it took Gettleman 3 seconds to turn in a draft card for him.

Just because Mel Kiper's Board doesn't show him as best available doesn't mean the team doesn't have him as BPA.

If they truly believe Gurley will be a beast then it's not the outrageous of a pick.

Stewart might be entering his last season here, and if Norman balls out this year he might command a contract we can't afford to pay him.

It's not as outrageous as it sounds.

I would understand that logic if we were the raiders and had nothing to look forward too next season, but we are trying to win next season we need someone that can contribute immediately.

Rankings don't really mean poo unless they are on the draft board. A legit franchise QB is the most valuable commodity that a team can find.  Newton has the highest upside and ability to impact a game than them all.

Archived