• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Alan Ball signs with Bears

jamos14

Oh well.  Would've liked to have had him, but Alan Ball isn't going to make you or break you as a team.  IMO, we were signing him for insurance purposes just in case the cards don't fall correctly for us to take a CB in the draft this season.  Even if we'd signed him, I still think we would've been looking CB in the draft. 

There is literally nothing at all to suggest that Nicks would have been better than Cotchery for us last year except for the grass is always greener fan bases wishing for it.

Actually there is a lot to suggest it and you would know that if you actually watched Nicks play. Stats don't even tell 1/10th of the story. Nicks wouldn't be a huge upgrade, but he would be an upgrade over Cotch. Jennings is significantly better than both so I'm glad we're targeting him and not Nicks at this point.

Hope this helps us by hurting the Falcons. CB not a need now, so Foxy can focus on DE/OLB in the draft. Bears pick #7, one spot ahead of Falcons at #8 who are desperate for pass rushers.

Plus Falcons might lose their 2nd or 3rd rounder from Noisegate..........

Actually there is a lot to suggest it and you would know that if you actually watched Nicks play. Stats don't even tell 1/10th of the story. Nicks wouldn't be a huge upgrade, but he would be an upgrade over Cotch. Jennings is significantly better than both so I'm glad we're targeting him and not Nicks at this point.

Then why is he unemployed?

(heck, I can't recall even seeing that anybody was interested in him)

Hope this helps us by hurting the Falcons. CB not a need now, so Foxy can focus on DE/OLB in the draft. Bears pick #7, one spot ahead of Falcons at #8 who are desperate for pass rushers.

Not sure how much influence Fox has over personnel in Chicago, but I can't imagine he'd value CB over a pass rusher anyway.

Not sure how much influence Fox has over personnel in Chicago, but I can't imagine he'd value CB over a pass rusher anyway.

I'd have to look it up to be sure, but I think technically Fox has more experience in roster building than their GM does.

Saw some mocks projecting CB Waynes to da Bears, not as much of a need now with Ball and their rookie breakout CB Fuller.

Jared Allen ain't getting younger tho..........

Archived