• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Maine's 2015 Mock Draft (Comp. Picks Included)

I don't know what it is but I just can't get excited about this Perriman kid.  As explosive as he is, WRs with dropsies really get to me...especially at over 10-12% rates.

Looking at Cooper, White, & Parker..and then Perriman, there's a huge drop off that makes other positional talent wayyy more valuable IMHO. 

Perriman and Hill are a lazy man's comparison. Hill did nothing until his senior year in school, was only a vertical threat, and not a natural hands catcher. He never had the natural fluidity that Perriman has displayed, nor the pure explosiveness and reported chemistry that Perriman had with his two quarterbacks.

Perriman has also been described as having the 3rd best hands on his team...at wr

Yeah but Kelvins drop % was at 9, Perrimans is at 14.2

Benjamin's drop rate at FSU his senior year was over 9 percent, so I find it a little curious that you added .2 percent to Perriman.

Anyway, through his first pro season, Benjamin's drop rate was 13.1 percent according to PFF.  It didn't kill us, and hopefully he will get better. Hopefully Perriman will get better if G-man puts his card in.  As noted by Gil Brandt, he didn't have any drops at his pro day, nor in the Bitcoin Bowl where he torched NCSU for 138 yards.

Benjamin's drop rate at FSU his senior year was over 9 percent, so I find it a little curious that you added .2 percent to Perriman.

Anyway, through his first pro season, Benjamin's drop rate was 13.1 percent according to PFF. It didn't kill us, and hopefully he will get better. Hopefully Perriman will get better if G-man puts his card in. As noted by Gil Brandt, he didn't have any drops at his pro day, nor in the Bitcoin Bowl where he torched NCSU for 138 yards.

Cause I just saw breshads today and didn't take the time to look back at Kelvins but remember his was in the 9s and Lee's was in the 11s last year

Yep.

I've seen this kid play all year here in Orlando. Honestly, the only reason he's getting ANY hype now is because of his 40 time. I don't remember more than two posters in here who labeled Perriman as a potential sleeper in the mid rounds.

A couple weeks later, he runs a 4.2-4.3 and all the sudden he's a can't-miss prospect. Good lord...

He was mocked/projected as a potential late first or early second guy well before his 40 time at his pro day by quite a few different people and websites and not just random sites operated by fans. Charles Davis in his most recent mock, created prior to his pro day, has Perriman going 32nd to the Patriots.

Nobody said he's a can't miss prospect. He's pretty boom or bust and I think most Perriman fans would admit that. I'll take the struggles with route running and some concentration drops along with the explosive plays and big touchdowns down the field. I had to learn to take the good and the bad with Kelvin and Panther fans can learn to do the same with Breshad. Upside and potential is pretty hard to ignore here. It's not like he's an athletic freak that didn't even produce at the college level. He got better every year and had over 1,000 yards and almost ten touchdowns with trash at the QB position prior to entering the draft. If Proehl can make Kelvin a thousand yard rookie receiver with a good touchdown total he can do the same with Perriman. Those two on the field together are match up nightmares and a big play waiting to happen. Both Kelvin and Breshad have similar issues with their game and I think the competition between them and desire to dominate together would bring out the best in both under Proehl's tutelage.

Archived