• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dear NC - PLEASE pass this law!

Johnny Rockets

They aren't insured? I had no idea. They need to be. 

Nope. They will at least be required to get license plates starting in July this year, but there are those that want to add laws for requiring insurance, keeping them off any roads posted 45mph speed limit or more, requiring licenses or operator IDs, and preventing people with no driver's license due to drug or alcohol charges from being licensed for them

all good things IMO

I'm for the bill but a firm believer in "you can't legislate stupidity".

But the problem is growing.  Cars like to be in the left lane so they don't have to slow down for cars turning right.  Also, often the right lane is chewed up a lot more.  I get it.  But drive with traffic if you do.

I also wonder if the problem isn't the ageing of America.  I can't tell you how many times I angrily pass on the right, slow to give a dirty look and see granny with both hands clenched tightly to the wheel. 

Haven't had a speeding ticket since 1998. 

State Trooper once told me, "7 is heaven, 9 you're mine" meaning 7mph over the limit is safe while 9 will get you a ticket if you're getting radared or paced. 

no state trooper worth his poo is gonna pull you for going 9 over.

no state trooper worth his poo is gonna pull you for going 9 over.

8AM Sunday morning halfway between Asheville and Hickory headed home (at the time) to Greensboro, I was the only guy on the road and I-40 had a 65 limit at the time. I got my last speeding ticket doing right about 70....

... and it wasn't the trooper who gave me the ticket who told me the 7-9 thing.

I almost never see people go under the speed limit in the left lane. 

There are, however, people who only go 5 mph over in the left lane, but I don't think the cops are going to be pulling them over anytime soon.

True.  Its extremely rare for someone to drive below the speed limit in the left lane.  5mph over the speed limit in the left lane is a bigger problem.  And people that drive 20-30 mph over the speed limit in the left (or right for that matter) lane are an even bigger problem. 

Archived