• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Former Bucs GM: We Spied On Justin Blackmon's Favorite Bar For A Week

nctarheel0619

“We found out there was a bar called the Cricket Inn or the Cricket, which was a popular bar there in Oklahoma State,” said Dominik. “He [the scout] sat there for one week, went in at 3 o’clock every day and stayed until 11 o’clock at night. That was his job, and we checked how many times did Justin Blackmon come in? And he came in too many times and we took him off our board.”

http://deadspin.com/former-bucs-gm-we-spied-on-justin-blackmons-favorite-b-1695292487

When another team drafts him, this will be my reaction:

Love-and-Other-Drugs.gif

Only if it's the Sehawks in the 2nd round. That would floor me. I have a feeling he'll go top 20 though, which I'd be fine with seeing.

Only if it's the Sehawks in the 2nd round. That would floor me. I have a feeling he'll go top 20 though, which I'd be fine with seeing.

As long as he doesn't go to any divisional team or the Hawks, I'll be fine at that point.  Mark my words, if he can stay on the field, hes going to be a beast.  

where can i sign up for a job where i sit at a bar all day

Send a PM to PhillyB.

Seriously though, teams will go to outrageous lengths to check on potential high draft picks.

At least they didn't ask him if his mama was a wh-re.

As long as he doesn't go to any divisional team or the Hawks, I'll be fine at that point.  Mark my words, if he can stay on the field, hes going to be a beast.  

I don't see any of the Bucs, Falcons or Aints spending a pick on him where they could get him. Maybe the Bucs in the 2nd if he falls, but I still doubt it. Falcons can't afford to be drafting a wideout at all, let alone a huge risk, and the Aints just drafted Cooks in the 1st and have so many holes still. He definitely could be a complete monster on the field, but it's still a big risk. Look at Blackmon and Gordon. Superb on the field talents who will have both missed over a year of games, probably close to 2 for both, if they even get back on it at all. I wouldn't want us to use a 1st on him unless we had the utmost confidence in him being able to stay out of trouble.

I don't see any of the Bucs, Falcons or Aints spending a pick on him where they could get him. Maybe the Bucs in the 2nd if he falls, but I still doubt it. Falcons can't afford to be drafting a wideout at all, let alone a huge risk, and the Aints just drafted Cooks in the 1st and have so many holes still. He definitely could be a complete monster on the field, but it's still a big risk. Look at Blackmon and Gordon. Superb on the field talents who will have both missed over a year of games, probably close to 2 for both, if they even get back on it at all. I wouldn't want us to use a 1st on him unless we had the utmost confidence in him being able to stay out of trouble.

I get it, but I don't think that's the same concept as DGB.  He never got convicted of the crime against the female, and with the right people and organization surrounding him I think it will be a different story.  We got a family atmosphere in our locker room, while the Jags have...................and the Browns have arguably the worst locker room in the NFL.  

Archived