• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We're officially tanking it out

"Tanking" is not the operative word here. This is simply holding out an injury-riddled MKG because he's our most important player and there's no point in trying to risk him getting injured yet again in a lost season.

If we really were punting the season, Cody and Al would be shut down as well, but they're still trying to bring them back at some point for some inane reason.

Yeah, it sucks. We have issues, but we also had a brutal opening schedule and simply couldn't get healthy.

Seemed like very game at least one starter was sitting out or playing hurt

Just goes to show you can't write off a 6-19 start as chemistry issues and expect everything to work itself out.

In retrospect, being down 24 to the Bucks in the second half on opening night was a sign. Now that we're at this point it makes more sense, but for a team with expectations of being one of the higher seeds in the Eastern Conference, that, coupled with bad losses to the Knicks and Lakers soon after could be blamed on more than just fatigue.

- Aside from hitting the occasional timely three, Marvin never was able to replicate the McBob role and looked more suited to be a 9th or 10th man rather than the 7 million/year contract that was panned in the offseason

- You can count on one hand the number of games Lance Stephenson made a positive impact

- Al was never in game shape and rapidly regressed to the point he might not even opt out

- Brian Roberts couldn't fill the backup PG role adequately

- PJ was always in the doghouse and Vonleh was a project

Even when healthy (and probably in playoff position right now,) it's questionable at best whether or not this team would have actually been an improvement over the previous season.

I understand why Rich Cho is very conservative as a general manager, but I can't help but think that at the very least, sacrificing what will probably end up being a late lotto pick anyway in order to ship out Lance and/or other negatives would have been more beneficial in the long run than letting the season run into the ground just so we can draft another project that won't see the floor.

Pantherfan49 is one of the best posters here, by far. Hell I even remember him form the old scout days............ one of few I look forward to reading. Down to earth, informed, and drops knowledge on many topics. Post more, bruh!!

I know some games you could cover the names of both kemba and lance, then match the stats to the player...... hard to tell which is which. Pro tip- lance got rebounds most times.

The last time this team tanked, we were cheated out of getting Anthony Davis and was stuck with picking MKG. We have no choice but to continue to be a doormat team until we can convince Steph Curry to come aboard the Hornet train once he hits free agency.

Lol. Yes, Steph is our one and HOLY chance at salvation. No other player can ever make us a winning team... 0.o

Give it up. Steph isn't coming here until past his prime. There's seriously no chance. We just extended Kemba and why would Steph leave his current team and state for here. Cause this is 'home' ??? I've lived here all my life and will die a Carolina sports team fan. But I would make California my new home over this place in a heart beat if I could. He isn't coming here. Not til it's the end of the road.

Archived