• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jameis Winston's own lawyer.. "He's not ready to be a pro off the field."

PanthersUnited

Yes another thread by PanthersUnited, I felt this was newsworthy and affects the Panthers quite a bit and just came across this now after I posted my other thread. so cut me some slack. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000484680/article/jameis-winston-needs-to-grow-up-off-the-field-his-attorney-says

A few days ago we heard another woman come out with rape allegations, now his very own lawyer is saying he isn't ready to basically be the off the field player to make it in the NFL . Keep in mind this is his OWN lawyer saying this, that's huge. This isn't Nolan Naworcki or Mel Kiper Jr. It's his own freakin lawyer lol.

This is huge for us because either A. It could possibly cause the Bucs to go elsewhere in the draft or B. They draft him anyway and he becomes Justin Blackmon 2.0 at the QB position. Either way, great news for us ;)

If I'm Tampa, I'd still draft home. It doesn't hurt financially like it use to because of the rookie wage scale.

It's opportunity cost though, drafting a high risk player like Winston with huge red flags costs them the opportunity at another pro bowl caliber player that's avaliable

It's opportunity cost though, drafting a high risk player like Winston with huge red flags costs them the opportunity at another pro bowl caliber player that's avaliable

If you have a QB in the NFL, you can compete.  If don't, you can't.  It's pretty much that simple.

Now that the rookie salary scale protects teams from having to pay top picks like future Hall of Famers, you almost have to roll the dice on a guy if you think he's a potential franchise QB and you don't have one.  It's the exact reason why I wanted the Panthers to take Cam #1 overall.  There were a ton of question marks about him in terms of being able to play QB in the NFL, but the raw talent was undeniable.  Under the rookie salary scale, I felt like we couldn't afford to pass him up.  Under the old system of paying him a poo ton of guaranteed money, I would've been mighty nervous. 

That could mean a lot of things.  I think depending on how you already view Winston. you will take different meanings. 

That being said, any lawyer that would utter that statement I would fire immediately.  In the same interview he was speaking about how the media blows things out of proportion he gives out that "not ready off the field " nugget.  In which the media promptly blows it out of proportion.

Matter of fact, with a lawyer that stupid, he must be innocent.

Archived