• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Voth talks up Melvin Gordon in the 1st

Mr. Scot

I'm smarter on this subject and it's clear... I don't have to post a term paper to show that.. I'm sorry you feel a certain way about me telling you and others to do a little more research before making a strong opinion or statement. . But I'm not calling you a dumbass for your opinion.. just do a little more research before acting like it's fact..

Saying you're clearly smarter on the subject and prompting others to "do a little more research" and acting as if your opinion is fact is essentially calling others a dumbass and does make you an asshole.

Just because others disagree with you doesn't mean they need to "do more research" so that they may hopefully one day be as enlightened as you are on the subject.

Saying you're clearly smarter on the subject and prompting others to "do a little more research" and acting as if your opinion is fact is essentially calling others a dumbass and does make you an asshole.

Just because others disagree with you doesn't mean they need to "do more research" so that they may hopefully one day be as enlightened as you are on the subject.

My opinion is based on stats and it's easily to see on tape..

You put up Greene as a better route runner. . But didn't notice his numbers dropped when he had to face the best CB on each team because KB was gone.. He also consistently got hurt on press coverage and it shows on tape..

So that's why I asked you to do more research. .

Hardy while making a lot of contested catches and showing his immaculate hands and body controls.. Was no where near getting the separation and quick twitch route running that Nelson was.. Nor was he getting deep threat separation or forcing CB to back up like Nelson was.. You can see it on flim..

Again that's why I asked you to do more research. .

But I never called you dumb for your opinion ... Just look at the tape again and you can see these things. .

Sorry if you took it personal. .

Booooooo!!!

I'll deal with Gurley but Gordon is a CJ2k type runner. .

I'm curious.  How is Melvin Gordon a "CJ2K type runner"?

Gordon relies more on cutting than Johnson did.  Gordon's vision is also much better.  He doesn't have Johnson's straight-line speed, but beats him in COD.

He is more like McCoy and Charles (although Charles has blazing speed) than Johnson. 

My opinion is based on stats and it's easily to see on tape..

You put up Greene as a better route runner. . But didn't notice his numbers dropped when he had to face the best CB on each team because KB was gone.. He also consistently got hurt on press coverage and it shows on tape..

So that's why I asked you to do more research. .

Hardy while making a lot of contested catches and showing his immaculate hands and body controls.. Was no where near getting the separation and quick twitch route running that Nelson was.. Nor was he getting deep threat separation or forcing CB to back up like Nelson was.. You can see it on flim..

Again that's why I asked you to do more research. .

But I never called you dumb for your opinion ... Just look at the tape again and you can see these things. .

Sorry if you took it personal. .

I think your evaluation of Hardy while complementary suggests that he had issues with separation and quick route running. I think your film must also have shown that Hardy played with an incredibly porous offensive line and a quarterback who was inconsistent in his accuracy. Hardy rarely had time for many deep rotes and often was used working back to the ball when Carden was on the move. He was often used for a quick hitter or on third and 10 was the underneath guy who could run well after the catch. So his role was to find open areas and be the go to guy where Carden could throw it to an area and Hardy would go up or down to snag the ball and move the chains. You also should have noted how aggressive he is when blocking for a running back or another receiver. I am sure Nelson is a great receiver as well just noting that Hardy would be a good fit for what we do particularly given our line issues and inconsistent offense. He is a clutch performer who can make plays when everyone knows where the ball is going to go.

I think your evaluation of Hardy while complementary suggests that he had issues with separation and quick route running. I think your film must also have shown that Hardy played with an incredibly porous offensive line and a quarterback who was inconsistent in his accuracy. Hardy rarely had time for many deep rotes and often was used working back to the ball when Carden was on the move. He was often used for a quick hitter or on third and 10 was the underneath guy who could run well after the catch. So his role was to find open areas and be the go to guy where Carden could throw it to an area and Hardy would go up or down to snag the ball and move the chains. You also should have noted how aggressive he is when blocking for a running back or another receiver. I am sure Nelson is a great receiver as well just noting that Hardy would be a good fit for what we do particularly given our line issues and inconsistent offense. He is a clutch performer who can make plays when everyone knows where the ball is going to go.

1st Nobody is saying Hardy isn't a good fit here.. I think he would be a nice pick (3rd or 4th round) .. He just not a better route runner than Agholor. .

While QB play and Oline could be a reason. . It isn't like Agholor is playing with Luck.. Carden may actually be drafted...I don't know id the QB at USC is even close to being on Carden's level. .

Again Nelson is definitely quicker and more of a deep threat.. Hardy gets separation but Agholor can run past people and he doesn't have to make as many contested catches because of his quickness in and out of breaks..

I'm curious. How is Melvin Gordon a "CJ2K type runner"?

Gordon relies more on cutting than Johnson did. Gordon's vision is also much better. He doesn't have Johnson's straight-line speed, but beats him in COD.

He is more like McCoy and Charles (although Charles has blazing speed) than Johnson.

I will give you Jamal Charles. . Only problem is Gordon fumbles a lot and isn't nearly the pass catcher Charles and McCoy are.. He also isn't good at blocking and doesn't handle between tackle runs because again ball security. .

1.) Have you not paid attention? We have a rotation. We need four DTs. Edwards and Coleman aren't coming back next year. We got lucky this off-season to re-sign both of them.

2.) Clearly you don't follow ANY team outside the Panthers. Ansah was the second best pass rusher behind Suh on that DL and was a vital piece in stopping the run.

3.) Oh no, no, no. Two Weeks? Not good enough. This bet has to last a full year. What say you?

1. It's a luxury to have 3 quality starting DT on a team.. We have 4.. It's a luxury to have a 1st round back-up.. Name a team that has 2 under 25 starting DT'S highly drafted and a 1st round back-up? ? Don't worry i'll wait. .

2. He isn't Ansah or Ealy again.. Both were more productive in college and Ealy was rated pretty high before the draft process knock him down.. Oziguwighwu only got talked up after the combine..

3. I was talking about you getting your sig "I'm Wow's bitch" in 2 weeks and 2 days. . As soon as Agholor is drafted before the 57th pick.. No doubt you're keeping that poo for a year..

Archived