• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Voth talks up Melvin Gordon in the 1st

Mr. Scot

No. Agholor is faster. It's just that the difference in a tenth or so of a second in straight line speed is pretty marginal. If a guy is thought to be a 4.4 guy and runs a 4.5, I don't think scouts really re-evaluate that guy. He's still basically who you thought he was. Now, if he runs 4.6+, that's when they probably go back and have another look. A slow 40 is a big reason why Keenan Allen fell out of the 1st round after many thought he was a top 10 early in the process. Turned out he should've been a top 10 pick, but when a WR runs that slow, it's definitely a huge red flag. Didn't matter with Allen.

The problem is it isn't marginal when your talking about a guy who is faster and is a good route runner. . And you can clearly see by the Yac. Avg and tape that the separation is clearly present between both players. .

First of all running in track clothes is much different than running in full football gear on grass so really the difference is not that much in game speed.  Plus Hardy ran a 4.4 at his pro day so again if it so much then how can a guy improve that much unless it isnt a big deal.

Lastly no one is saying that Nelson isnt a a very good route runner, I am simply saying that Hardy is a great runner also so Nelson is not necessarily better.  As for running the route tree, Hardy did run it and the air raid offense is every bit as complex or moreso than USC.  As you note, the fact that he was often used underneath and on come back routes doesnt mean he doesnt know all the routes simply he wasn't showcased many times.

As for preferring Agholor, you aren't alone.  He has climbed the draft boards over the past month and likely will be drafted ahead of Hardy.  But I am not clear that is because of his ability as much as where he played and the visibility he had, but that is my opinion which is certainly biased.  

indy is known to have a slower track, for when they run the 40. most schemes do transfer over to others, but what Agholor ran at USC is closer to what will be expected on sunday. not saying Hardy cannot do those things, but we just haven't seen it as often.

Hardy would be perfect in New England, Green Bay, or Denver in a system that emphasis the slot as key weapon. does ECU run the same system as Texas Tech from when Danny Amendola, and Wes Welker was there?

indy is known to have a slower track, for when they run the 40. most schemes do transfer over to others, but what Agholor ran at USC is closer to what will be expected on sunday. not saying Hardy cannot do those things, but we just haven't seen it as often.

Hardy would be perfect in New England, Green Bay, or Denver in a system that emphasis the slot as key weapon. does ECU run the same system as Texas Tech from when Danny Amendola, and Wes Welker was there?

Probably the exact same offense in fact. Ruffin McNeill coached under Mike Leach and Dave Nichol, the OC, is a disciple of Sonny Dykes who came from the Leach system at Texas Tech.

Don't worry Nick somebody here put their reputation on him being there at our 57th pick.. So no problems we will get this guy late in the 2nd round. .

If I were a betting man, I personally, wouldn't take that bet.  I don't see him getting past the top of the 2nd.  Middle if his slides, but I wouldn't bet on it.

If I were a betting man, I personally, wouldn't take that bet. I don't see him getting past the top of the 2nd. Middle if his slides, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Nobody with any knowledge of this draft and this player would. .

I honestly think Gordon is a better fit for this offense than Gurley.

Gordon ran from the shot-gun read-option often in his college offense. He's one-cut-and-GO. A perfect fit.

Gurley, as awesome as he is, played strictly behind the QB in I-formation and single-back.

LOVE Melvin Gordon.

More and more i'm seeing "I'm Wow's bitch" on somebody sig soon..lol

Some of the best hands in draft, runs some of the best routes, explodes off of the line, versatile, decent size, good speed, great punt returner, willing blocker, shows 100% effort on each snap, very well-spoken with no off-field issues. You have nothing to worry about. 

Gordon ran from the shot-gun read-option often in his college offense. He's one-cut-and-GO. A perfect fit.

Gurley, as awesome as he is, played strictly behind the QB in I-formation and single-back.

LOVE Melvin Gordon.

What about the fumbling non pass catching non blocking part of his game... Does that fit this offense??

He and Gurley are not in the same stratosphere. .

LOVE Melvin Gordon.

Umm, Gordon played in a man blocking, power rushing scheme with a QB under center in college. There was very little zone read in Wisconsin's offense.

Some of the best hands in draft, runs some of the best routes, explodes off of the line, versatile, decent size, good speed, great punt returner, willing blocker, shows 100% effort on each snap, very well-spoken with no off-field issues. You have nothing to worry about.

Dude this is such a sure thing.. I honestly expect Prometheus not to show up anymore after the draft. .

Archived