• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Voth talks up Melvin Gordon in the 1st

Mr. Scot

- Odighizuwa is not a workout warrior. His build and athleticism are similar to JPP's. The only worry with him is his hip surgeries.

Only worry is injury? Really? How about lack of any real pass-rushing skills and lack of production for the most-part at the college level. Guy will be drafted on potential and has a lot more questions about his game outside of hip surgeries (plural). Big body in a violent game playing on surgically repaired hips? No thanks.

- Nothing is a luxury pick in the NFL. We learned that with Kuechly and Ealy. It's time to put that myth to rest.

- Odighizuwa is not a workout warrior. His build and athleticism are similar to JPP's. The only worry with him is his hip surgeries.

- Agholor will be there in the second.

There are luxury picks or there wouldn't be a term luxury pick.. You don't go into a season predicting injuries especially when your 4-5 deep at a position. . It is a luxury to have 4-5 starting DT'S on a roster. .

2. He hasn't been a dominant players in his career and the only reason he is even being discussed this high is his combine performance. . Try watching tape before slurping. .

3..Sig bet that Agholor doesn't make it to the 57th pick??

Your opinion..

Mine

Goldman is a luxury pick on a team already stocked deep at DT..

Odizugwuivz whatever is a workout warrior. .

And I like Johnson but I think Agholor comes in day 1 and impact this offense. .

In this WR'S class he is 2nd only to Cooper I. Route running and consistent production. .

And here's mine on Agholor.

Coming out right now, he's a slot guy, not a #2.

He's not a guy that's gonna beat press or make contested catches.

He does have a very good willingness to run block, and does a solid job at it. But coming  out hes gonna have a huge adjustment period. He runs solid routes, so he'll be able to get open with those, but teams like the Seahawks wit physical DBs I see him having a very tough time. He's a guy who creates in open space and not necessarily a as deep threat guy as he's more quick than fast. He has good acceleration, and can make tacklers miss on screens or slant  routes, but he's not very shifty when a guy is right on him. Put him in the slot, line him up against nickel backs and LBs and let him beat them with speed. 

A lot of his big plays came from downright shitty or blown coverages. He's not gonna have that happen as much in the NFL. His ceiling is a solid #2 WR.  He's not better than Lee.

I'd take Perriman over Agholor in the first if we'd have to take a WR. Hell I'd take Hardy over him in the first. We have a guy that can do a lot of what he can do in Corey Brown.

All this said my sample size was smaller for him (4 games) than most other WRs I watched. But he's not really going to be a "game changer" anymore than Ted Ginn was for us a couple of years back.

And here's mine on Agholor.

Coming out right now, he's a slot guy, not a #2.

He's not a guy that's gonna beat press or make contested catches.

He does have a very good willingness to run block, and does a solid job at it. But coming out hes gonna have a huge adjustment period. He runs solid routes, so he'll be able to get open with those, but teams like the Seahawks wit physical DBs I see him having a very tough time. He's a guy who creates in open space and not necessarily a as deep threat guy as he's more quick than fast. He has good acceleration, and can make tacklers miss on screens or slant routes, but he's not very shifty when a guy is right on him. Put him in the slot, line him up against nickel backs and LBs and let him beat them with speed.

A lot of his big plays came from downright shitty or blown coverages. He's not gonna have that happen as much in the NFL. His ceiling is a solid #2 WR. He's not better than Lee.

I'd take Perriman over Agholor in the first if we'd have to take a WR. Hell I'd take Hardy over him in the first. We have a guy that can do a lot of what he can do in Corey Brown.

All this said my sample size was smaller for him (4 games) than most other WRs I watched. But he's not really going to be a "game changer" anymore than Ted Ginn was for us a couple of years back.

Thanks for your opinion. .

Rashad Greene and Justin Hardy for sure. I'd argue for Kevin White too.

1. Greene just stop .... not nearly as physical in his route running as Nelson.. He gets shut down by press coverage. .

2. I know Hardy went to ESU and people have this love thing for him.. But he doesn't have the speed and quick twitch ability in and out of Breaks as Agholor or get any where near the separation Nelson gets.. . So he can't be a better route runner. .

3. White doesn't even run a full route tree so please do more research before posting a bad opinion. .

Tre McBride as well, he has the best route running in the Class

I love Tre McBride but he doesn't run better routes than Agholor. . Your opinion is already lacking credibility. . You need to do more research and know what your talking about. .

1. Greene just stop .... not nearly as physical in his route running as Nelson.. He gets shut down by press coverage. .

2. I know Hardy went to ESU and people have this love thing for him.. But he doesn't have the speed and quick twitch ability in and out of Breaks as Agholor or get any where near the separation Nelson gets.. . So he can't be a better route runner. .

3. White doesn't even run a full route tree so please do more research before posting a bad opinion. .

Your opinion.  That's fine.  I'm not going to stoop to insults.

But, I think your opinion is shaded by USC fandom. 

I love Tre McBride but he doesn't run better routes than Agholor. . Your opinion is already lacking credibility. . You need to do more research and know what your talking about. .

His routes aren't as crisp or refined no, but he has a more complete and versatile route tree than Agholor. He consistently gets open with a solid arsenal of routes and got open consistently with them, which, of course, may have been the level of competiton he was playing against. 

Archived