• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Philly Brown 200 pounds?

Bj-Monster23

read an article on a couple NFL players that regularly get fat over the offseason then just do something like Atkins overthe last two-three weeks to get the fat back off.

No its something every man in the weight room does. Its called cutting and bulking. I guess this info wasnt on twitter

There's

So

SO much wrong with this.

Like saying 4.5 isn't fast. And only measuring a players speed by their 40 time as an indicaitor of how fast they play on the field

i'm just

Floored, honestly. 

Seriously, dude. I ran faster than that in high school, but I wasn't a track star because there were other guys faster than me. And you do realize that 40 times are almost always faster than actual game speed, right? Brown's speed is a Huddle myth.  

My son is roughly 6'3" and 220 pounds,  I guarantee that he would look like a speedster playing on the field with Kelvin Benjamin, Jerricho Cotchery and Brenton Bersin right now.  Give him some time to train, and he probably would beat Brown with ease based on his genes.

his 40 times at the combine were like 4.44 and 4.37 or something similar to that. But I agree with you game speed is not the same as timed 40's sometimes. I believe that some people are gamers though, and actually play faster than their recorded times. 

Seriously, dude. I ran faster than that in high school, but I wasn't a track star because there were other guys faster than me. And you do realize that 40 times are almost always faster than actual game speed, right? Brown's speed is a Huddle myth.

My son is roughly 6'3" and 220 pounds, I guarantee that he would look like a speedster playing on the field with Kelvin Benjamin, Jerricho Cotchery and Brenton Bersin right now. Give him some time to train, and he probably would beat Brown with ease based on his genes.

If your son is 220 6'3" and runs in the 4.4 range.... He is probably being scouted, or he might be Stephen hill. 4.5 is a good speed for wide receiver. It's not super fast, but that's pretty fast. Even rotoworld commonly talks about the speed philly can bring. I just have a hard time not calling complete BS here.

his 40 times at the combine were like 4.44 and 4.37 or something similar to that. But I agree with you game speed is not the same as timed 40's sometimes. I believe that some people are gamers though, and actually play faster than their recorded times. 

Brown's official time was 4.51.  And, don't quote me on this, but I believe his other time there was 4.54.

And BTW, schools fudge 40 times and height for their football players with regularity.

If your son is 220 6'3" and runs in the 4.4 range.... He is probably being scouted, or he might be Stephen hill. 4.5 is a good speed for wide receiver. It's not super fast, but that's pretty fast. Even rotoworld commonly talks about the speed philly can bring. I just have a hard time not calling complete BS here.

Fine then, call it what you want. 4.5 speed is average speed for a receiver. 

Eh, Philly has looked pretty fast on the field to me.  He's not like top end Ted Ginn/Desean Jackson/etc. speed or anything... but fast nonetheless.

I've read that he's ran around the late 4.2 and 4.3 range multiple times (even recorded a 4.3 or something at his pro day)... just had a rough day at the combine.

4.5 is probably average or slightly above average for a WR.  Philly definitely looks faster than "average" on the field IMO.  Honestly, I'm really high on the guy going forward... probably more so than most.

Archived