• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

General Draft Prospect Talk

Mr. Scot

Both. They did a live draft the other night, where they alternated making picks. They had the Panthers taking Humphries with Beasley, Landon Collins, Shane Ray and Kendricks all still on the board.

That was the worst mock ever.  Had Beasley dropping to 36.  McShay picked Lockett for us in second round to keep Kiper from picking him for his hometown Ravens.  Yes, good way to run a mock.

A bit of bad timing for Jalen Collins...

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk  ·  1h 1 hour ago

Report: LSU cornerback has multiple failed drug tests http://wp.me/p14QSB-9L2z

(to be clear this is Jalen Collins, corner from LSU; not Jaelen Strong, the receiver from Arizona State)

These dudes just can't stop smoking that sweet lettuce.

A bit of bad timing for Jalen Collins...

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk  ·  1h 1 hour ago

Report: LSU cornerback has multiple failed drug tests http://wp.me/p14QSB-9L2z

(to be clear this is Jalen Collins, corner from LSU; not Jaelen Strong, the receiver from Arizona State)

Oh sh*t! I would still love him in the 2nd/3rd.  Began the draft offseason as a lot of people's #1 or #2 corners in the draft.

That was the worst mock ever.  Had Beasley dropping to 36.  McShay picked Lockett for us in second round to keep Kiper from picking him for his hometown Ravens.  Yes, good way to run a mock.

No way in hell Beasley makes it past NO.  Apparently he's the guy they're all over.

NFL Films' Greg Cosell believes UCF WR Breshad Perriman is in the top tier of wide receivers in this year's draft.

Cosell believes Perriman is in the same tier as Alabama WR Amari Cooper and West Virginia WR Kevin White, and can even "see ranking Perriman even with or ahead of White." Perriman has been shooting up draft boards since running in the low 4.2s at his Pro Day. He could be selected in the first half of Day 1.

that 4.2 made him some serious change

That was the worst mock ever. Had Beasley dropping to 36. McShay picked Lockett for us in second round to keep Kiper from picking him for his hometown Ravens. Yes, good way to run a mock.

Yeah, my son was laughing at me because I was raging at their stupidity.

@https://twitter.com/LRiddickESPN[twitter][/twitter]

.@WillParker81 Devin Smith is highly thought of throughout the league. He will be a very good multi-faceted WR.

Devin Smith at 25? I would be happy.. thoughts?

His admission on Draft Academy that he thought about quitting football last year after a 3 game stretch where he only had a couple catches concerns me.

His admission on Draft Academy that he thought about quitting football last year after a 3 game stretch where he only had a couple catches concerns me

Thats understandable, but Star admitted that he wanted to quit football as well. What about from a purely on the field standpoint?

Thats understandable, but Star admitted that he wanted to quit football as well. What about from a purely on the field standpoint?

He definitely fills the huge need for a deep threat, but I'd need to see a lot more from him in turns of running the full route tree. I'm sure that is something that was addressed at his pro day and in private workouts but since I don't have access to that he's a 2nd rounder for me. If he showed he's more than a one trick pony in those then I'd consider it.

Agreed about Cooks coming into the draft. I wasn't a huge fan of Cooks last draft year bc of his physicality and ability to get catches off against press/bigger, stronger NFL CBs. He got banged around a bit last year and that is my only hesitation with Dorsett.

Ironically enough, I am a fan of Dorsett more than Cooks as a draft-eligible WR. IDK why, but watching cut-ups of both, I walked away more impressed with Dorsett. I think Dorsett can compete as a #2 rather than just a slot gimmicky WR like Ginn or Brown. I don't like the value at #25, but I do like him in the 2nd.

Only thing, the Dorsett hype-train is full speed ahead right now. I've seen mocks with him going before our #25 selection.

Yea it is odd, I think this is one way of looking at it. Cooks is more of a slot/smoke/grimmicky type that plays slot and has the body type for it. Dorsett is similar, but fits the outside more cause he can run better overall routes. You could "bully" cooks more, dorsett uses his hands better too.

I've said this in other dorsett talks, why didn't miami use him more? The guy is a weapon and match-up nightmare for college DBs, put the ball in his hands and let him go video game on defenders. It makes no sense, unless someone had a weird axe to grind or they didn't like players who average 20+ yards each time they touched the ball. I would forced the ball to him until he was winded or they stopped me. I like playmakers.....I like scoring.......and I like winning.

The hype train is a running strong with him and other WRs. Just the current times and last years class broke all sort of records overall is still fresh in GMs mind. Sadly looks like up to 6 WRs will be gone by 25. Three of which id hoped would lasted til 57 early in draft process.

Archived