• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Final Panthers Mock Draft

Jeremy Igo

Also, not hating on the Peat pick, because it seems to be what a lot of people that are closer than me are mocking, but am I the only person that doesn't like him? Do not like when soft is thrown around on an O lineman. Did you see the way he looked at the combine? He either just lost some needed weight solely to make more money, or he's in terrible shape. I would want to see the board in the second round, because I may would pass on him again. What I see as his ceiling is an above league average RT, and that's if he gets motivated and finds a way to develop a mean streak.

Damn, when you block someone it doesn't translate to the app.

Anyway, there are some good prospects there, though Agholor is conspicuously missing. I guess he is too low to rise to the first and too high to fall in the second.

I think he goes in the top 15 in the second round. Don't see the Panthers trading up when there are other solid prospects out there. 

• Pie 1

Lol at Perriman being available in the 2nd

I think he goes in the top 15 in the second round. Don't see the Panthers trading up when there are other solid prospects out there.

Both Agholor and Perriman seem like upper 2nd round picks to me, but so does Phillip Dorsett. My guy is Dorsett but I would be okay with it if Gettleman traded up to get them.

Ok folks, one week to go. 

Much has changed in April, and the draft somehow seems to have gotten even more difficult to predict. I can't remember a draft where such question marks remained at picks 10 and below. 

Picking a single pick per round seems pointless. As such, I have decided to give you my top 2 picks for rounds 1-3, with a few other possibilities thrown in. 

Round 1

Andrus Peat - OT - Stanford - At 6'7 330 pounds this hog mollie could anchor the offensive line for years to come. This would put two Stanford tackles on the Panthers roster this year. 

Landon Collins - S - Bama - Hard hitting run stuffing safety that could make Roman Harper expendable. Collins was my original first round mock selection. He fell off due to wide receivers falling to the Panthers. I think he may be there now.  

Other possibilities: Todd Gurley, DJ Humphries, Eddie Goldman

Round 2

Preston Smith - DE - Miss St - Panthers liked Smith at the Senior Bowl, and we all know Gettleman loves him some defensive ends. Smith has the frame and the motor to develop with Kony Ealy as a couple of solid defensive ends for the next 5 years. 

Devin Smith - WR - Ohio State - 27 yards per reception. I repeat, 27 yards per reception at Ohio State. Could be a solid #2 for the Panthers. Would be the second best receiver on the roster day 1 of OTA's. 

Other possibilities: Cedric Ogbuehi, Jake Fisher, Breshad Perriman

Round 3

Devin Funchess - TE/WR - Michigan - Has been buzzing on the huddle lately, and for good reason. Many compare him to Kelvin Benjamin. Having Funchess, Benjamin, and Olsen on the field together would create a lot of opportunities against teams with smaller corners. 

Justin Hardy - WR - East Carolina - Hardy has impressed every team he has met with, including the Panthers. He may have worked himself up to a 3rd round selection. Skilled player that fills a need. It doesn't hurt that he also brings a built in local fan base. 

Other Possibilities: Duke Johnson, Jacoby Glenn 

No Flowers, no Thompson?  Or any Oklahoma offensive lineman?  HMMMMMMMMMM