• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did you know? Cam Newton the pescatarian.

cardiackat88.

To hell with all this veganist propaganda.  I'm about to go eat me a pizza loaded with pepperoni, sausage, bacon, ham, and beef.

Then I'm going to eat me a piece of pizza loaded with everything, including vegetables and poo.

You know why?  Because I'm a motha fugin omnivore son.  Just the way nature intended.

Well, actually, nature never intended for you to eat preservatives, genetically modified foods, hormone-injected meat, high fructose corn syrup, or any other manmade, chemically enhanced concoction. That's not natural.

First post regarding nutrition I actually agree with.

Whatever works for him, you, or others.

Not going to get on my box and blast vegans or vegaterians, lucky very lucky we live in a era where those are a real options. 150,000+/- years cooked meat changed the early human brains, biggest reason for evoling. You'd be shocked how much energy your brain needs to function. If not eating meat makes you feel better, by all means do it. If you're sitting on your arse all day, it will not hurt you so bad by limiting your protein or robbing supplements for your body.

So without judging others, I hope no one judges me being a meatertain!

I am not a vegan, pescatarian , vegetarian or "meatatarian", I am a "good healthatarian".  And at that I am not even an expert because I am an "enjoyyourlifeatarian" also.  Whatever makes you happy. Truly happy.  Just remember that everything that you put in your body can manifest itself in some pretty harmful ways.  It is not a coincidence that all manner and types of diseases are essentially the norm now. It's no coincidence that when I was coming up, twelve year old girls did not have the body of a full grown woman, or that a 200 lb man used to be a big guy.  And it's no coincidence that most of America is overweight, if not morbidly obese.

If you do research you will find out that the human race has evolved to be plant eaters and have lost the enzyme that digest meat.

Meat-eaters: have claws

Herbivores: no claws

Humans: no claws

Meat-eaters: have no skin pores and perspire through the tongue

Herbivores: perspire through skin pores

Humans: perspire through skin pores

Meat-eaters: have sharp front teeth for tearing, with no flat molar teeth for grinding

Herbivores: no sharp front teeth, but flat rear molars for grinding

Humans: no sharp front teeth, but flat rear molars for grinding

Meat-eaters: have intestinal tract that is only 3 times their body length so that rapidly decaying meat can pass through quickly

Herbivores: have intestinal tract 10-12 times their body length.

Humans: have intestinal tract 10-12 times their body length.

Meat-eaters: have strong hydrochloric acid in stomach to digest meat

Herbivores: have stomach acid that is 20 times weaker than that of a meat-eater

Humans: have stomach acid that is 20 times weaker than that of a meat-eater

Meat-eaters: salivary glands in mouth not needed to pre-digest grains and fruits.

Herbivores: well-developed salivary glands which are necessary to pre-digest grains and fruits

Humans: well-developed salivary glands, which are necessary to pre-digest, grains and fruits

Meat-eaters: have acid saliva with no enzyme ptyalin to pre-digest grains

Herbivores: have alkaline saliva with ptyalin to pre-digest grains

Humans: have alkaline saliva with ptyalin to pre-digest grains

Based on a chart by A.D. Andrews, Fit Food for Men, (Chicago: American Hygiene Society, 1970)

Sorry but this is full of lie that's use to promote ones cause. I can post a lot showing why you need to eat meat but I'll leave it like this. Eat what you think is right for you.

Just an FYI: swine is officially considered red meat. Some people don't know that.

I don't know why you'd want to give up chicken.

It all depends on who you listen to. A lot consider pig a white meat and some studies shows it just a healthy as chicken depending on the cut of meat and how it is prepared.

It all depends on who you listen to. A lot consider pig a white meat and some studies shows it just a healthy as chicken depending on the cut of meat and how it is prepared.

I respect what you're saying, and I know that it's true, but I am listening to the USDA:

Why is pork a "red" meat?

Oxygen is delivered to muscles by the red cells in the blood. One of the proteins in meat, myoglobin, holds the oxygen in the muscle. The amount of myoglobin in animal muscles determines the color of meat. Pork is classified a "red" meat because it contains more myoglobin than chicken or fish. When fresh pork is cooked, it becomes lighter in color, but it is still a red meat. Pork is classed as "livestock" along with veal, lamb and beef. All livestock are considered "red meat."

There are trade groups and lobbyists for pork (no pun intended) who want people to associate pork with the much healthier white meat, but this is a con job.

When you look at uncooked beef, it's red.  Even pork chops are light red after their cooked. Bacon is red. Pepperoni is red. Sausage is red.

Sorry, wud, all the evidence points to pork being red.

I became a vegan almost 4 years ago and was amazed how easy it was. But I haven't lost any weight on it and don't see it as a "diet". Pescatarianism opens up even more opportunities to pack on pounds so I think of Cam's "diet" more as a simple life style decision. Kind of like Capri pants (not that there is anything wrong with that)

Archived