• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade up? Carolina Panthers more likely to trade down (possibly out of the first round)

SgtJoo

About 2 weeks back, I started considering this, the amount of picks we have is a bit high, but it doesn't mean moving back can't be beneficial. I think we move back into the early second, and the pick we get (I'm guessing 4th), we parlay into a move for the second pick of the second. I'm getting to believe it'll be Shaq Thompson and Jake Fisher, 2 great 2nd round talents.

With the knowledge we have about gettleman and his drafting philosophy, this seems pretty obvious

Things we have done with Gettleman as GM:

Traded up

Things we haven't done with Gettleman as GM:

Traded down

I didn't realize we had traded up in the first round. I must've missed that

I didn't say first round, but to say that we can deduce Gettleman's philosophy on it is silly. He's explicitly stated that he doesn't believe in trading down. Maybe he will, maybe he won't, but he certainly hasn't presented any clues that he likes to trade down in the draft.

I didn't say first round, but to say that we can deduce Gettleman's philosophy on it is silly. He's explicitly stated that he doesn't believe in trading down. Maybe he will, maybe he won't, but he certainly hasn't presented any clues that he likes to trade down in the draft.

In the first round, I'm fairly confident in saying that he would rather trade down than up. The risk is far less in later rounds

I think we'll sit tight and make a pick at #25. Dave has said in the past that he's not a fan of trading a quarter for two dimes.

The difference I see is if he doesn't see anyone worth the quarter he's going to spend..

Archived