• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Draft Rounds 2 & 3 General Discussion Thread - Now Open

Montsta

Danielle Hunter was a nice pick by Minny

Hunter is a player that you look at in a uniform and think he's going to dominate. He just never did at LSU. His upside is through the roof. But watching him as a Tiger fan was maddening. He should have been a force and just never was.

The Titans passed up a lot to take Mariota. NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reported that the Eagles offered two first-round picks, a third-round pick, defensive tackle Fletcher Cox, linebacker Mychal Kendricks, cornerback Brandon Boykin and “more” to the Titans. That is a lot. Like … an insane amount. Cox, Kendricks and Boykin are all young defenders who would either start right away or contribute plenty.

And the Titans did have a young quarterback in Zach Mettenberger, who showed some good things as a rookie last year. Tennessee could have justified taking the mega-offer and rolling with Mettenberger for one more year.

https://m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/sports/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nfl-draft-winners-and-losers--get-ready-for-more-superstar-rookie-receivers-045734487.html

The Titans passed up a lot to take Mariota. NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reported that the Eagles offered two first-round picks, a third-round pick, defensive tackle Fletcher Cox, linebacker Mychal Kendricks, cornerback Brandon Boykin and “more” to the Titans. That is a lot. Like … an insane amount. Cox, Kendricks and Boykin are all young defenders who would either start right away or contribute plenty.

And the Titans did have a young quarterback in Zach Mettenberger, who showed some good things as a rookie last year. Tennessee could have justified taking the mega-offer and rolling with Mettenberger for one more year.

https://m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/sports/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nfl-draft-winners-and-losers--get-ready-for-more-superstar-rookie-receivers-045734487.html

I wouldve taken that in a heartbeat.

Probs a drunken thought but if we traded with the Rams and Stacy is being shopped, yet didn't get him in the dealio, maybe there is a specific RB we have our eye on. 

Taz Crockett or Buck Allen perrrty please

Now I think your post makes my day, I had some concerns about Funchess but you sound to be right!!!

I can understand concerns, and I'm not saying I wouldn't love a speed guy, but we can do everything we want to with the big guys.  WR's job is to get separation, and there's many ways to do it.  Some use speed, some run great routes, and some use their size.  Our young receivers will use their size to physically dominate, and as they develop, their route running should improve as well.  They probably won't be technicians, like Olsen, but they'll get better and then it gets really scary. 

Olsen is almost always on the field, and our #1/#2 will almost always be on the field(Benjamin and hopefully Funchess).  There's absolutely no way all 3 can be covered, and it only gets better if you add Dickson as a 2nd TE, or Ginn/Brown in the slot.  Guaranteed mismatches, and that's what you're looking for.  One or two of these huge targets will have to be covered 1-on-1.  Advantage goes to our receivers.  I just can't help but get excited about that.

Archived