• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Trade Up Select Oklahoma's Daryl Williams

Jeremy Igo

from an article on Williams a year ago, before the 2014 season began:

“Daryl truly has been remarkable as he stepped forward in the winter, spring and summer,” Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops said. “He’s been one of the best leaders I’ve been around in 16 years. He’s always been a bright, great worker, great teammate, but now he’s taken ownership of being a leader.”

quarterback Trevor Knight said: “He was watching extra film every single day, on top of what we already had to do,” Knight said. “He was coming out early for practice, staying late for practice, really doing all the little things right. And it paid off for him.”

defensive tackle Chuka Ndulue said: “I believe in my soul that Daryl is the best right tackle in the nation,” Ndulue said. “Going against him in practice every day makes me better as a player, because if I can hold my own against him I can hold my own against anyone in the country.”

http://www.dentonrc.com/sports/colleges/colleges-headlines/20140723-football-williams-grows-into-leader-at-ou.ece

BtGZSi4CAAAOODB.jpg

• Pie 4

Daryl Williams is an experienced veteran at right tackle who projects as a starting-caliber player in the NFL.  While he lacks elite athletic traits to suggest All-Pro potential, he has the kind of size, length and baseline athleticism  to suggest above-average success as a starter.  He didn’t look good on an island during drills at the 2015 Senior Bowl, and that is likely to drop his stock a bit.  But on film, he plays with a tough, aggressive and intelligent style that teams will find appealing.   His scheme diversity is an added plus, as his all-around skill set will make him a fit in either a ZBS or in-line power game while also offering the kind of talent in pass protection to help keep a starting quarterback upright.  Daryl Williams won’t be the first tackle drafted, but he will have a long and reliable career as a solid starter on the right side for several years.

GRADE:  7.5 (Second Round

• Pie 5

Some tackle help for Cam? Alright! A WR and a OT for cam sounds great.

I'm not a giant fan of giving away 6 picks for 2 (net -4) but if we get playoff starters (NOT REGULAR STARTERS) then I am A okay with this.

He's getting the help for Cam.

Some tackle help for Cam? Alright! A WR and a OT for cam sounds great.

I'm not a giant fan of giving away 6 picks for 2 (net -4) but if we get playoff starters (NOT REGULAR STARTERS) then I am A okay with this.

He's getting the help for Cam.

Ermmm, what's the difference between a regular starter and playoff starter? You know it's the same right?