• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

La'El Collins may be in play after all

Mr. Scot

That's not the discussion we're having. He said, "your worst nightmare". Cam doesn't scare me. The Panthers defense is scary. Cam is not.

Aren't stats what Panthers fans throw up any time someone says anything negative about Cam? There a thread on it on page 1 right now. Stats are great unless they don't work in your favor...

To show why Cam doesn't scare you, your argument was stats. Cam will not have impressive volume stats in a Shula offense. It will never happen. What Cam will do in a Shula offense, however, is keep Brees on the sidelines. Brees scares absolutely no one while on the sideline.

Jonathan Jones doesn't think we are interested in signing Collins.

It certainly didn't sound like it from the Gettleman interview earlier. Sounded pretty sure Oher was the guy.

I also don't think any GM in the league is going to pass by the shot of signing a top 15 pick as an UDFA because they don't think he's needed.

I fully expect the Saints to be in play when he's cleared. He would have been the pick at 13. We can offer him an immediate starting spot and an opportunity to stay home and play for the team he grew up watching.

It will be very interesting to see how it plays out. I think it comes down to the Panthers and the Saints, if both decide to throw their hat in.

Carolina doesn't just offer a chance to compete, it also can represent a fresh start. The situation he is being talked to about is absolutely tragic. He may want a fresh start in a new state which is something I wouldn't discount.

Would the saints bump him inside to guard though? Peat would seem to be the day 1 RT with Armstead at LT. You do have a slot at guard open with Grubbs going to KC but the rest of line seems set with Armstead, Unger, Grubbs and Peat.

He also might not find a switch to guard to be very attractive because of the 2nd contract of a tackle vs the 2nd contract of a guard.

It certainly didn't sound like it from the Gettleman interview earlier. Sounded pretty sure Oher was the guy.

I also don't think any GM in the league is going to pass by the shot of signing a top 15 pick as an UDFA because they don't think he's needed.

I don't buy that, if Gman liked Oher that much then Humphries wouldn't have been that close to being a Panther if the Cardinals didn't get him and Collins is a much better prospect than Humphries

Carolina doesn't just offer a chance to compete, it also can represent a fresh start. The situation he is being talked to about is absolutely tragic. He may want a fresh start in a new state which is something I wouldn't discount.

Would the saints bump him inside to guard though? Peat would seem to be the day 1 RT with Armstead at LT. You do have a slot at guard open with Grubbs going to KC but the rest of line seems set with Armstead, Unger, Grubbs and Peat.

He also might not find a switch to guard to be very attractive because of the 2nd contract of a tackle vs the 2nd contract of a guard.

He would play guard for the Saints. He's said through the whole process he doesn't care where he plays. He'd be the starter at LG almost immediately.

The contract would be one thing to look at. Saints pay their guards like tackles though, so you never know.

Archived