• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

La'el Collins has begun visits

top dawg

Is anyone else wondering if Collins should be grieving that his ex was just murdered? I dunnnnooooooooo

Weirdest thing about this to me

When I lost my mom it was devastating. She was on her deathbed for several weeks, the doctors told us there was nothing they could do. We had a lot of family there, and every day for weeks we were all there at her death bed every waking hour. Everybody cried or fought back tears every day. It was incredibly sad seeing her waste away like that when there was nothing you can do, just writing this is making me sad.

But we took a few breaks. One time it was all of us taking a break together for an hour or two: we all went to this close-by restaurant where you ate outdoors with an area for the kids to play, like a family picnic/BBQ in the park type feel. And we all looked so happy and normal, you'd have never known what was going on with us

The other breaks would be just a few people at a time. A couple family members and I went to grab lunch at place in a close-by park by a lake. We looked happy and normal during that hour or two break at that park.

Another time my sister and I went and explored this part of the hospital that had some cool stuff to do to take your mind off things and it was fun and she was happy and I took all these pictures of her. And had you seen those pics, you'd be:

"shouldn't she be grieving with her mom on her death bed? Weirdest thing"

And to tell you the truth, when we all took that one big break together, at the close-by restaurant with the outdoor set-up, I was thinking how weird is was that we could all look so happy and normal in the midst of such agonizing pain and grief

So even if La'el's mom was currently on her death bed, I wouldn't judge him based on a few pics

plus, his former girlfriend died two weeks ago, on April 24. That’s a long time to expect someone to be grieving for. During one period of my life, the guy that was my best friend at the time (a great friend) died tragically, and I didn't grieve for 2 weeks, and I was one of the first ones there at the scene of his death. I remember making some stiff drinks that day, and then within the week we had the funeral, and that was really sad, but after that the grieving period was over. It helped that they did a really good job with the funeral service and the burial, and the things his family and other friends and the pastor said to me, all of it combined to give me a good sense of closure

Florida and Texas (there may be more, I don't know for sure) have no state tax on income. That may be a big motivator since his contract will be far less than he expected.

Cost of living and other taxes (whopping property tax in Texas) usually make up the difference. Can't hide from the G.

Damn the dolphins...

They conveniently didn't bring their 2014 first round pick Ja'waun James or gajillion dollar FA Brandon Albert to the party. Or their QB not named Cameron.

Think La'el. Think.

There will be no bidding war - all teams are required by the CBA to offer essentially the same money.  They can alter the structure and guarantees, but the dollar amounts will be essentially the same from all teams.

I did not know that. Thanks

At least he gets to pick his team. Sorry Rex...and front offices of Jags, Browns, Raiders, Titans, Jets....

Is anyone else wondering if Collins should be grieving that his ex was just murdered?

I dunnnnooooooooo

He's 21 and she was almost 30. I've wondered if calling her "his ex" was a more media friendly way of describing what the relationship actually was.

He's 21 and she was almost 30. I've wondered if calling her "his ex" was a more media friendly way of describing what the relationship actually was.

Probably. Honestly I regret posting that. It was late and was just a thought that popped into my head.

Archived