• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brady suspended 4 games, pats lose 1st rounder in 2016 and 4th in 2017

Kind of hard to call foul on that when you consider how many Panther players were roided up for that game and season. Unless you stick your head in the sand of course.

This.... Our whole OL was juicing during that playoff run.

What is wrong with people? Thinking the fine is too much?.its not enough, he cheated and lied, should have been 8 games Minimum. There is no hate involved, you cheat you pay.

But it's Tom Brady. If he says cheating and lying is okay then cheating and lying is okay. He has a super model wife don't you know?

How do all of you "cheating is cheating!" people feel about this then? Think the punishment was harsh and was a direct reflection of the media and public outrage just because it was Tom and the Pats, this is a non story on an irrelevant team. Total touch-n-go policy by Goodell, that's what this has become. 

Last season, the Carolina Panthers and Minnesota Vikings were caught, on a cold day, using sideline heaters to warm up footballs. That's against the rules. You can argue that it's not the same level as deflating footballs in a bathroom, but it has the same effect: something outside of the rules to make the football easier to grip and catch. The Panthers and Vikings were ... warned. That's it.

Here's an article presenting the argument that the punishment is excessive. Can't say I agree or disagree (actually, I don't care). But it presents good argument points. There's 2 areas I'd like to point out: the report says the Patriots did cooperate & the Panthers were caught tampering with the game balls in Minnesota.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/five-reasons-why-the-nfl-got-the-deflate-gate-punishment-dead-wrong-233900364.html

And this. Which I did not know. We totally should've known the rules. Does this mean that the next time the Panthers tamper with game balls the result is much harsher than a warning?

if I remember right, BOTH the panthers and the Vikings were doing it and both teams were warned to stop during the game. And both stopped.

While this is brought up often in this discussion, I see it more as an infraction vs a deliberate pattern of circumnavigating the rules.

In short, I reject that we are tiptoeing or close to the same thing.

How do all of you "cheating is cheating!" people feel about this then? Think the punishment was harsh and was a direct reflection of the media and public outrage just because it was Tom and the Pats, this is a non story on an irrelevant team. Total touch-n-go policy by Goodell, that's what this has become. 

Last season, the Carolina Panthers and Minnesota Vikings were caught, on a cold day, using sideline heaters to warm up footballs. That's against the rules. You can argue that it's not the same level as deflating footballs in a bathroom, but it has the same effect: something outside of the rules to make the football easier to grip and catch. The Panthers and Vikings were ... warned. That's it.

First of all, both the Panthers AND the Vikings were doing it.  There was no advantage gained by either team.  Secondly, neither team was exactly trying to hide.  Thirdly, there was no attempt by either team to deny it or cover it up.

Don't get it twisted, Brady and the Pats are getting nailed not because they deflated some game balls, they're getting nailed because they're repeat offenders and they tried to cover it up and deny it.

I dont see why this is so difficult for people to come to grips with. You have people even in his board squealing "oh me gee it's just a little bit of air! (As if a little bit of cheating is no biggie lol)

They are repeat offenders coming off of what was widely considered a very moderate punishment the first time and have now tried to institute a cover up of this offense. I think the punishment is fair-but if it isn't that-then it isn't harsh enough. Brady's legacy is in cinders.

"but but it's no biggie! It's just a little air! He's such a cool guy!"

There are people here that would beg Brady to let them fellato him every night. Disturbing sure, but they love Brady that much. Their love for Brady is so deep that to them it is a "What God hath joined together, let not man put asunder" type thing

Archived