• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pie Leaderboard

Jeremy Igo

​And what does that prove? The whole concept is just silly. Maybe I'm too old. I don't care how many Likes I get on Twitter or Instagram either. Hell, I don't even have Instagram. So ... one you young fellers, please explain to me why getting Pie is such a big deal to you. I mean, how does it effect your life?

Why do we all want the Panthers to win football games?

Because it brings the good feels...

​And what does that prove? The whole concept is just silly. Maybe I'm too old. I don't care how many Likes I get on Twitter or Instagram either. Hell, I don't even have Instagram. So ... one you young fellers, please explain to me why getting Pie is such a big deal to you. I mean, how does it effect your life?

​just like social cues in interactions, it's a system of affirmation that provides other viewers (sometimes unconsciously) the knowledge that a particular phrase or statement or idea or outburst is socially proper, and "good" material in the sense that it's valued by an existing board culture.

it doesn't ultimately matter for the same reason your ranking and status irl doesn't matter on this board: they're separate forums of exchange and interaction, each with their own values, currencies, cultures, and hierarchies. this is why no one cares about dat alice's money on a message board, and why a saints4lyfe might care about alice's money if he knew him, but doesn't give a poo about internet rep on a panthers board.

Archived