• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"No debate" these QBs are better than Cam Newton

SCP

Scott Kacsmar (I believe his last name is pronounced "Cock-smar") believes this list of QBs, without debate, are better than Cam Newton

No debate: Brady, Ben, Flacco, Luck, PM, Rivers, Romo, ARod, Brees, Ryan, Wilson. Also: Eli, Kap, Stafford, Palmer, Cutler @panthersman1982

So, what say you?  I would agree with all but Wilson, Kap, Cutler, and Palmer.  

Here is his "no debate" list (In case you can't see the tweet on mobile):

Brady, Ben, Flacco, Luck, PM, Rivers, Romo, ARod, Brees, Ryan, Wilson. Also: Eli, Kap, Stafford, Palmer, Cutler

The whole quarterback ranking idea in general amongst fans is a joke anyways.

Everyone has their biases, and allegiances to certain teams. From all this guys tweets about Newton, it seems he has an obvious axe to grind.

The whole quarterback ranking idea in general amongst fans is a joke anyways.

Everyone has their biases, and allegiances to certain teams. From all this guys tweets about Newton, it seems he has an obvious axe to grind.

​Yes he is pretty set in his ways and really likes to skew the stats.  He compares Eli's QBR for the 6 years "post super bowl" and says Cam has never achieved a +60 QBR.  I asked him to compare Eli's first 4 years.  His first two seasons, Eli didn;t have a QBR because the stat was not kept.  Years 3 and 4, Eli was at 46.2 and 46.9 respectively.  Year 5 is when Eli's QBR jumped to 61.6.  He is wanting to compare years 5 thru 12 instead of years 1 thru 4.

brady...yes

ben.....because of experience, yes. ben is very underrated, tho.

flacco...in post season he's really good.

luck....i dunno. luck = higher floor newton = higher ceiling. i have always thought that luck was someone that could go into any system and play at a high level. cam could play in any system, but he should be in one that is built around his skillset to get the most out of him (which is more than you could ever get with luck, imo).

peyton of even 3 years ago....yes. peyton now? push and leaning towards nah. he's a lot smarter than cam (or pretty much any QB that has played the game), but he has diminished capabilities that negates the advantages his intellect might bring about.

rivers...yeah, he's just good. another underrated QB like ben. wouldn't trade cam for him or anyone, tho.

rodgers...yes

romo....nah. very overrated and crumbles under pressure.

brees...yes, but his size and devolving situation in new orleans along with increasing age is going to cause a decline in his production. i don't think he has many years left of relevancy.

ryan...no way

russell...nope. dude is the luckiest QB in the league. that won't last.

eli....nope

kap....bwhahahahahahahahahahaa NAH!

stafford...leaning towards no. i like him, but he's as good as he's ever going to get. cam's still quite a ways away from peaking.

palmer....nope. guy hasn't been the same since that fat steeler rolled on him and bent his knee backward.

cutler....if he wasn't so emo, maybe, but i don't think he was ever as good as people made him out to be.

​Yes he is pretty set in his ways and really likes to skew the stats.  He compares Eli's QBR for the 6 years "post super bowl" and says Cam has never achieved a +60 QBR.  I asked him to compare Eli's first 4 years.  His first two seasons, Eli didn;t have a QBR because the stat was not kept.  Years 3 and 4, Eli was at 46.2 and 46.9 respectively.  Year 5 is when Eli's QBR jumped to 61.6.  He is wanting to compare years 5 thru 12 instead of years 1 thru 4.

​Eli was raked over the coals for years before those 2 Super Bowls. Even after 2 rings he still gets little respect.

I don't think there is much point attempting to rank Luck, Newton, Wilson, or the other younger QB's who have less than 5 years in the league with guys who have been in for 10+ seasons like Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, etc. Andrew Luck is widely regarded as the best young QB in the league, and his career completion %, YPA, and QB rating are right there with Newton. Another thing you have to factor in when putting Cam up against other QB's is what transpired this past year injury wise, few in the current group of young QB's have yet to go through that many injuries in a single season. That skews things. This year Newton is completely healthy, we know what he is capable of, and I expect him to improve off the 2014 season substantially, especially with the offensive group we have right now.

Matt Stafford's stupid fat frat boy face doesn't belong on this list. All he has is Megatron and sometimes Golden Tate and he manages to miss him more often than not.

and yes I'm bitter. This fool lost me a fantasy football championship belt with a whopping -2 points in the championship game.

Of course I'm a moron for drafting someone from the Lions. Never. Again.

Archived