• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

49ers third-year FS Eric Reid said he contemplated retirement

Ja  Rhule

​that was probably one of the worst live hits i've ever seen.

Minter had the other one. 

Hell ya. You could see the hit coming for like 5 seconds. I was like "Holy poo! Palmer doesn't see him!" BOOOM

Hell ya. You could see the hit coming for like 5 seconds. I was like "Holy poo! Palmer doesn't see him!" BOOOM

Palmer had it coming. It is incredibly dumb to scramble way out of the pocket and then set your feet for a throw. 

Maybe its just me but coming from some one like me and im sure many of us on here who have had to claw for every dollar doing work for other ppl that you really dont want to do, how can you walk away from that much money especially when you make it doing something you love?  I guess money talks and bullshit walks?

Maybe its just me but coming from some one like me and im sure many of us on here who have had to claw for every dollar doing work for other ppl that you really dont want to do, how can you walk away from that much money especially when you make it doing something you love?  I guess money talks and bullshit walks?

I think some of these guys aren't thinking it through.  They haven't been out there working a 9-5 that they honestly couldn't care less about for pennies on the dollar of what they could be making playing football.  A year or two of doing that and they may wake up and realize that making millions to play a game was a pretty damn good gig.

I think some of these guys aren't thinking it through.  They haven't been out there working a 9-5 that they honestly couldn't care less about for pennies on the dollar of what they could be making playing football.  A year or two of doing that and they may wake up and realize that making millions to play a game was a pretty damn good gig.

​For some it's not worth the long term health risk. I'd rather be healthy than wealthy, and they've already made enough money to make a living off of, so whatever they feel is best is completely reasonable. And you say "doing something you love...." I can tell you for certain if they're retiring that young, they don't love playing the game.

back when Deion Sanders signed with the Cowpunks for $20 million (or some ungodly amount for a non-QB in those days) he only half-joked about a nickel of that was for his tackling. I can vouch that a few people were turned off by that and started watching more college football instead because they perceived the college game as tougher than what the NFL was apparently turning into.

It's going to be ironic if the women that play that lingerie football league start getting more concussions than NFL players since it seems that women are at the forefront of the movement to make the game safer for the kids.

Archived