• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brenton Bersin continues to impress

Jeremy Igo

I trust the coaching staff to put the best players on the field.  If Bersin is running routes and catching passes, he needs to be out there.

I didn't like him returning punts, but like Zod said, that was almost kind of an emergency situation... nobody else to do it.  We should have plenty of other options at PR this season.  

If Bersin and Cam have chemistry and he catches the damn ball, what else matters?

• Pie 2

i think sometimes a guy gets a rep as being a guy that's going to be smack in the middle of bad things whenever they happen, and five good plays in a row go out the window when the bad one sets off a confirmation bias. I KNEW HE WAS TERRIBLE HANG HIM AT DAWN!

for bersin these came during punt returns. i ripped my hair out and threw my couch through the ceiling when he did that trick knee bobble during the arizona playoff game; it became the sort of thing you just expected over the season. shula sending him on comeback as the primary read in that seattle game didn't help things one bit either.

hopefully the guy can come in and contribute to the team. it looks like we learned our lesson and brought back professional punt returners that can let him focus on doing what he's good at.

• Pie 3

with the team being high on him:

WR1 Kelvin Benjamin

WR2 Funch

WR3 Corey Brown

WR4 Cotchery

WR5 Tedd Ginn Jr.

Do we keep six receivers on the active roster, with Bersin being number six? How many of these dudes end up active on gameday?

​Tough call. I think we have to don't we?

Don't be shocked if Bersin is kept in favor of Cotchery. He has been getting more first team snaps. 

​I would indeed be surprised if we cut Cotchery. I know others have said it but still, it would surprise me. I won't be sad or anything because I believe in putting the best team on the field but I'd still be surprised.

with the team being high on him:

WR1 Kelvin Benjamin

WR2 Funch

WR3 Corey Brown

WR4 Cotchery

WR5 Tedd Ginn Jr.

Do we keep six receivers on the active roster, with Bersin being number six? How many of these dudes end up active on gameday?

​Cotchery could be pushed out by Bersin as the pre-season/season get rolling.  They're the same type of player, but Bersin is bigger, which we know our staff covets.  If he keeps doing what he's doing, he could easily win the spot, veteran presence be damned.

I think he'd be a great #4, and have no issues at all with him in that position.  

• Pie 1

Nailed it Jeremy.  Bersin was slowly becoming a fan favorite until he started returning punts, then went straight to the doghouse.  He was clearly out of his element.  We should have had a legitimate PR with experience at that position.  DG addressed that during the offseason with bringing Ginn back ... which was sorely needed. 

Lets get behind this kid again because quite frankly, if its 3rd down in a clutch situation, I feel good about Bersin being on the field. 

• Pie 8