• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Batum to Hornets, Hendo + Vonleh to Portland

SgtJoo

Yeah, I don't understand...  Again, Batum is a good piece...   But not great.  We gave up a potentially great piece that our coach shat all over as one of the youngest players in the league.

And 3 years ago, this was an awesome deal...  Now?  Not so much.  Batum is haunted by inconsistency.  He is a great defensive player, but offensively, some nights he just doesn't show up.   

But, in terms of finally freeing ourselves up from Hendo, I will tell you, I am excited about Batum for Hendo.  Batum is 3000x a better shooter, so that changes things for us on offense dramatically (that is, if we're done and plan on playing him at SG and are keeping MKG at SF or batum at SF and MKG at sg). 

Batum can play sg or small foward. Could go small ball with kemba, Lamb. (Or booker if we draft him and or pj) Batum at sf. Mkg at the 4. Hard for pf to match his athleticism and Mkg can guard 1-4. Spencer, al, or biz. Good 3 point shooters with a slasher and elite defender. Much better offense

Well, no move is going to change that unless LBJ, KD, or Steph show up. The team still sucks...and will again, until a star is found. 

Or we manage to replicate the Hawks star-less style of play and manage to have good players at each position. If we can manage that, then perhaps we can do more than getting swept in the first round.

I wouldn't mind seeing mkg at the 4 full time. He is about the same size as draymond green or going back in time Dennis Rodman. He isn't the shooter Green is but he is a damn good rebounder. Maybe not Rodman good but he could average 10+ rpg for the season if given the minutes. Plus his lack of a 3pt shot won't hurt as much playing the 4 and he could take slower bigs off the dribble if need be. Now guys like Zach Randolph would give him trouble in the post but there aren't a ton of those guys anymore.

Archived