• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Batum to Hornets, Hendo + Vonleh to Portland

SgtJoo

Saying we got "trade raped" is ridiculous.  Batum is one of the best two way players in the league.  He's better than Hendo at shooting, scoring, passing, rebounding, and defending.  So everything.  HUGE upgrade at the two.  There's just as good of a chance Vonleh busts as there is he turns into some 20/12 guy like apparently every one on this board thinks he's gonna be.  We traded Hendo and an unproven prospect for one of the best two way players in the league who's still only 26.  Don't get the fuss.

Yeah ying we got "trade raped" is ridiculous.  Batum is one of the best two way players in the league.  He's better than Hendo at shooting, scoring, passing, rebounding, and defending.  So everything.  HUGE upgrade at the two.  There's just as good of a chance Vonleh busts as there is he turns into some 20/12 guy like apparently every one on this board thinks he's gonna be.  We traded Hendo and an unproven prospect for one of the best two way players in the league who's still only 26.  Don't get the fuss.

He's been a jag for 7 years..  He isn't worth what we gave up for him..  And the cherry on top we could be just renting him for a year.. 

Yeah Cho got trade raped and hopefully will be moving his lame ass out of town.. 

He's been a jag for 7 years..  He isn't worth what we gave up for him..  And the cherry on top we could be just renting him for a year.. 

Yeah Cho got trade raped and hopefully will be moving his lame ass out of town.. 

Hendo, as much love as I got for him, is the living embodiment of a jag. Not Nic. Nic was an All-Star candidate two seasons ago. 

And how , as slumbers ae as I got for him, is the living embodiment of a jag. Not Nic. Nic was an All-Star candidate two seasons ago. 

show his career numbers  before posting.. 

i   bet his numbers are very similar to Hendo.. 

And again you gave up a top 10 pick with Hendo for what can turn into a 1 year rental... 

#trade raped

Batum could be even MORE than what you hoped when you traded for him...  The deal sucks because the only way it works... At all... Is you were 100% dead wrong.. Butt naked standing bronx cross wrong... About not only your choice of team captain last two seasons, but your top 10 pick that year.  Not to mention "Frank the tank" didn't workout, but that didn't stop us from taking Vonleh last year huh?  At least thats justification for trading the dude.  Batum at this point not only has to be good but Vonleh absolutely can not be good AT ALL.. God forbid Hendo does anything!  One of the best 2way guys in the league?  Please jesus at least that.  Please!

show his career numbers  before posting.. 

i   bet his numbers are very similar to Hendo.. 

And again you gave up a top 10 pick with Hendo for what can turn into a 1 year rental... 

#trade raped

A top-10 project with high bust potential for an upgrade at SG on offense and defense? I'll take it any day of the week. Just because you always want the unknown that's behind door No. 2 doesn't mean it's actually a smart call.

Batum could be even MORE than what you hoped when you traded for him...  The deal sucks because the only way it works... At all... Is you were 100% dead wrong.. Butt naked standing bronx cross wrong... About not only your choice of team captain last two seasons, but your top 10 pick that year.  Not to mention "Frank the tank" didn't workout, but that didn't stop us from taking Vonleh last year huh?  At least thats justification for trading the dude.  Batum at this point not only has to be good but Vonleh absolutely can not be good AT ALL.. God forbid Hendo does anything!  One of the best 2way guys in the league?  Please jesus at least that.  Please!

That is truly a terrible post.

1) If Hendo does anything, say he averages 9 ppg with Portland, that doesn't make this trade a failure. He's not gonna see as much burn as he did here, and he's absolutely not going to be as high of a scoring option there as he was here.

2) Don't worry about Vonleh becoming a star this year. Or next. It's not gonna happen. Nothing he did last year, save for garbage time against Detroit, gave any indication he's gonna average 18/10 out of nowhere. poo in one hand and hope in the other, then see which fills up faster. Just because he's a project doesn't mean he's gonna work out. Buy a lottery ticket. Sure, you could win. But odds are, you won't.

3) Who gives a damn if they worked out or not? No one but agents. And no one's using that as justification for trading Vonleh. They're using the fact he was not ready for the NBA game as justification for trading him. And proof that he wasn't ready was in the fact he played little, and he looked lost most of the time he was out there. 

4) Batum is taller, quicker, a better career shooter and a better defender than Hendo. No disrespect to him, but it's true.

5) The trade is wrong because you traded a team captain? Seriously? Just delete that sentence. 

If you can't get behind this, there's no use being a fan.

That is truly a terrible post.

1) If Hendo does anything, say he averages 9 ppg with Portland, that doesn't make this trade a failure. He's not gonna see as much burn as he did here, and he's absolutely not going to be as high of a scoring option there as he was here.

2) Don't worry about Vonleh becoming a star this year. Or next. It's not gonna happen. Nothing he did last year, save for garbage time against Detroit, gave any indication he's gonna average 18/10 out of nowhere. poo in one hand and hope in the other, then see which fills up faster. Just because he's a project doesn't mean he's gonna work out. Buy a lottery ticket. Sure, you could win. But odds are, you won't.

3) Who gives a damn if they worked out or not? No one but agents. And no one's using that as justification for trading Vonleh. They're using the fact he was not ready for the NBA game as justification for trading him. And proof that he wasn't ready was in the fact he played little, and he looked lost most of the time he was out there. 

4) Batum is taller, quicker, a better career shooter and a better defender than Hendo. No disrespect to him, but it's true.

5) The trade is wrong because you traded a team captain? Seriously? Just delete that sentence. 

If you can't get behind this, there's no use being a fan.

1.  If they get any value out of Henderson outside of his expiring score 1 portland

2.  I'm not looking into a crystal ball when i see a kid who didn't play PF until he was almost 17 and is now going on 20 can't be fully evaluated.  poo one draft pick away and hope the next year huh?  You have to hope Batum not only plays well AND resigns but Batum for a few years is > than anything Vonleh could ever be.

3.  If you're an NBA GM don't let there be a quote about the attraction of a players youth in the draft only to turn around and trade him away under the premise that he isn't ready.  there's a thing called credibility.  I remember the same GM talking about Zeller being comparable to Lamarcus Aldridge with trey range.  Sorry i'm not still eating out of dudes hand.

4.  Batum for Hendo would be a different conversation.  But we invested a top 10 pick in a guy a team just wanted to get rid of.  They weren't going to resign him.  They are all in on Aldridge.  One year left on the deal.  He could just walk man.  that is real

5.  Him being captain the last few years says less about the trade and more about the state of a team that couldn't even muster an 8 seed in the hapless and pathetic east last year.  He WAS our TEAM CAPTAIN last year.  He opt in and we dealt him away a few days later.  Thats just a fact of the matter.

If I can't back a GM who in one season signed and traded away Lance (even tho he had ??? from go), drafted and traded away last years 9 overall(no matter who it was).  Also apparently aggressively shopping the year befores #4 overall(no matter who it was).  Let alone WE LOOK HORRIBLE ON THE COURT..  I guess you are right.  I should stop giving them, amtrak, aloft, mortimers, pretty much anyone who benefits from the 20 or so games i attend per season my hard earned $$$.

What's really stupid is that none of any of your arguing matters until the teams take the floor in October.  You can all be partial to one player or be so sure of another, but it's all just bullshit until the teams actually play.  What if Vonleh isn't what half of you thought he was? What if Batum in the change of scenery and the uplifting fact that he plays for Michael fuging Jordan make him work his ass off? What if vice versa? The point is none of you know, but you act like you do in the hopes of an "I told you so" moment. Just relax and see what happens.

So what does our lineup look like going into the draft now? PG: Kemba/Roberts SG: Batum/Lamb/Daniels SF: MKG/Hairston PF: Hawes/Zeller/Williams C: Jefferson/Biyombo(assuming he's back) So what is our biggest need now? Any chance we could possibly trade Al and/or Kemba plus 9 to someone in the top 4 or 5 and take Russell or Mudiay? I like Kemba but not sold on him long term with the way the team is constructed around him(adding Hawes and Batum for shooting should help though), and I really want Al gone.

Archived