• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Russell "Golden Calf of Bristol" Wilson

SCP

i was gonna play that joke too but i double checked, the bible says you can get divorced and remarry as long as there was sexual infidelity, and the woman cheated on RW, so he's in the clear
"I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

...i did wanna make that joke though

Nah he's still sinning. 

Mark 10:11 He answered, "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her.

1 Corinthians 7:10-11 To the married I give this charge (not I, but the Lord): the wife should not separate from her husband (but if she does, she should remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband), and the husband should not divorce his wife.

i was gonna play that joke too but i double checked, the bible says you can get divorced and remarry as long as there was sexual infidelity, and the woman cheated on RW, so he's in the clear

"
I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

...i did wanna make that joke though

He was fine to divorce her, but being with another woman is wrong.

I applaud him for this, but man...

After seeing some of Ciara's music videos, it would be hard for me to be around her, sleeping next to her, and contain the crowbar. This chick has a music video on how she likes to ride. Plus she was quick to give it up to Future, Bow Wow, and others. That would mess with my head. I'm happy for both of them, and hope they're able to accomplish this.

But Wilson is full of poo, man. I'm not buying what he's selling.

To sum up, Christians think there poo don't stink, RW is yet another one that thinks his faith has some bearing on the outcome of a game . If I were religious that would seem more resentful. His arrogance is dis likable,

This is actually incredibly false.  At the very foundation of Christianity is the belief that we are sinners... and that the sin in your life... whether it be a white lie, adultery, or murder leads to death and separation of God.

Christians do have a tendency to point out that there is a right and a wrong in the world. And that what is wrong in people and in the world is why we need redemption. In turn, most people become defensive and interpret that as self-righteousness.

But you cannot be a Christians without first admitting that not only does your poo stink... but that the hole which it came from is not much different from the hole we speak from.

If you are a Christian and especially if you are in the public eye, the microscope comes out and stays out. But im glad more are coming forward on why they really hate Wilson instead of it being about football. There are worse examples of players we could wring our hands over. Life liberty and the pursuit of happiness should still be achievable. Without seeing his day to day life i have no idea if he is fake or real.

Didn't he just get divorced?

If he has sex with her before he gets married he is a fornicator, if he remarries and has sex with her is an adulterer. Either way he's fuged literally and figuratively :)

There are actually biblical grounds for divorce. Those grounds are fornication (adultery) and abandonment. (Matthew 5:32; 19:9) )(1 Corinthians 7:15)

If his previous wife was unfaithful....  then he is permitted to divorce her.

A lot of people don't divorce after infidelity... and they show grace and mercy to their spouse... because love is not against the law.  But its up to them.

I think if you are in the public eye you are under scrutiny regardless. I think he is a phony and have thought that since he hoodwinked NC State and the students there. If he can express his opinions publicly then he can be taken to the mat for them. No one follows him into his church or intercepts his prayers and spills them on twitter. Well actually he does.

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

This is actually incredibly false.  At the very foundation of Christianity is the belief that we are sinners... and that the sin in your life... whether it be a white lie, adultery, or murder leads to death and separation of God.

Christians do have a tendency to point out that there is a right and a wrong in the world. And that what is wrong in people and in the world is why we need redemption. In turn, most people become defensive and interpret that as self-righteousness.

But you cannot be a Christians without first admitting that not only does your poo stink... but that the hole which it came from is not much different from the hole we speak from.

that sounds doctrinal and not what most practice. I would agree that's what Christians are supposed to do but that kind of humility is rare. Even more rare in a superstar. His humility comes off as disingenuous to me. The Golden Calf of Bristol comes off as real to me but is just not an NFL QB. So it's not that he's a vocal Christian that turns me off of RW. It's that I don't believe him. I could be wrong and he could be the real deal in his heart.

But saying that God told him to lead her? That just comes off a bit...tacky.

Archived