• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Beginning of the End For the Redskins?

I hope all these buffoons defending the name actually understand who, and where it came from.

Look at the owner who originally acquired, and named the team the Redskins, George Preston Marshall. He was known as one of the biggest racists in the NFL, who flat out refused to have black players on his team for well over a decade until his hand was finally forced in 1962 when Robert Kennedy threatened to revoke the lease on the stadium. Even when he finally agreed, the first black player the franchise drafted immediately demanded a trade, refusing to play for a blatantly racist owner.

That's the legacy Dan Snyder is protecting? What a shitheel.

I know a lot of natives, and none of them are offended by the name of Washington D.C.'s team. 

I also know when the lobbyists originally started to find peole who were offended by it, they couldn't find any. Did that stop them? Hell no, they got their agenda to divide the nation, and keep us distracted while they continue to rape us. So they PAID natives to stand up against the Redskins.  Why not, our government wasn't giving them enough money already. 

I'm  glad that Dan Snyder is sticking to his guns. He has finally earned respect from me.  I'm also glad that state laws will help him having to ever give up the redskins name. 

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Can you link me to where people were paid to pretend to be offended by it?

The difference is Braves, Chiefs, Indians, Seminoles, Warriors, etc aren't derogatory racial slurs like Redskins. The Cleveland Indian caricature, however, does need to be updated or scrapped, like Golden State has done with the bridge. 

i agree, and the indians recently replaced the chief yahoo caricature with just an uppercase C. could see certain groups arguing against the Indians name, but I think the Braves, Chiefs, Seminoles, and Warriors are all safe.

by god it's gettin so a fella can't even use a racial slur as a football team name without some fancypants liberal gettin all offended about it. back in my day you could use whatever racial slurs you wanted and nobody said nothin. praying for this great nation

Lol pie cus that was funny. However, I thought that native American tribes and organizations were pretty evenly split over the name, with a significant portion not really caring either way.

Can you link me to where people were paid to pretend to be offended by it?

It was an expose' i saw on TV last year. No link to share, as much as I'd love for more people to know the truth behind the bullshit our government does for us.

I also love that we have to told what equates to a racial slur. 

Wow the huddle sometimes amazes me with bigoted posters. Being mad at Obama because you can't call a team the refrains anymore? Who are you to say what offends someone else? If something is offensive then it shouldn't protected by free speech or any other GOP right to be a pubic a hole logic.

My wife is 100% Native American aand is deeply offended by this name. Even though it might not offend me i can see how it would offend her. If Washington can Change their name from the bullets to wizards the redskins should be a no Brainer.

Remember guys this isnt about their name its about the Trademark. This means that ANYONE can make and sell Redskins merch. Trust me this will force a name change.

another reason it shouldn't happen. The government shouldn't be able to undermine Trademark rights on a whim in the name of political correctness, or because anyone is offended. That directly contradicts the first amendment. We have the right to say and display whatever we want, no matter who's offended by it

Lol pie cus that was funny. However, I thought that native American tribes and organizations were pretty evenly split over the name, with a significant portion not really caring either way.

perhaps so, but if a name is patently offensive - that is, the name itself is derived from something that is intrinsically, endemically rooted in something that makes us sick - then it should go even if it's only offensive to a small number of people. even if only 5% of people were offended at the name "Nashville N*****s" that five percent would have a great case to change it, because n*****s is a patently offensive term.

a football team name should be offensive to no one.

Archived