• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gil Brandt: Panthers chances of winning SB on par with Jags, Browns, Falcons and Titans

PanthersUnited

lol wat.  the teams are ranked

the Texans do not have a QB, they are ahead of us,

The Bills do not have a QB, they are ahead of us

The Bengals have Andy Dalton as their QB, they are ahead of us

Then what was our number?

Look, you want to pitch a fit about this?  Feel free. I find it a pretty useless exercise myself. I find even less worth in the constant switch between "hes great" and "he sucks" when it comes to analysts.

Reality: Gil Brandt has a longstanding rep as one of the best football minds around, and that isn't changed by him saying he doesn't think we'll go to the Super Bowl this year.

On the flipside, Pete Prisco is a crappy  analyst. And even if he becomes the biggest Panthers fan we've ever seen, he'll still be a crappy analyst.

Not everybody likes us, and there are some smart people who still think we're not there yet. Big deal. We'll see what happens when we hit the field.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000500272/article/cardinals-bengals-headline-teams-vying-for-first-super-bowl-title

So Gil Brandt gave his take on which of the 13 teams that never won the SB and "analyzed" their chances of winning. He had this to say.. 

Basicially he has us in the "bottom of the pile" class, also in that class are the following teams.. Falcons, Browns, Jaguars and Titans

I literally just lost ANY respect I had for Brandt, infact I think I might actually hate him. 

I hate predictions that pretty much just copy and paste the records from last season, throw in a curve based on conventional wisdom (i.e. [-]Lions), and collect a check. Well done. 

As illustrated in his list (and 2014 records) 

1. Cardinals - 11-5

2. Bengals - 10-5

3. Eagles - 10-6

4. Chargers - 9-7

5. Vikings - 7-9

6. Lions - 11-5

7. Bills - 9-7

8. Texans - 9-7

9. Falcons - 6-10

10. Panthers - 7-8-1

11. Browns - 7-9

12. Jaguars - 3-13

13. Titans - 2-14

I hate predictions that pretty much just copy and paste the records from last season, throw in a curve based on conventional wisdom (i.e. [-]Lions), and collect a check. Well done. 

As illustrated in his list (and 2014 records) 

1. Cardinals - 11-5

2. Bengals - 10-5

3. Eagles - 10-6

4. Chargers - 9-7

5. Vikings - 7-9

6. Lions - 11-5

7. Bills - 9-7

8. Texans - 9-7

9. Falcons - 6-10

10. Panthers - 7-8-1

11. Browns - 7-9

12. Jaguars - 3-13

13. Titans - 2-14

lol.  Nice work Gil.

Homerism aside, the fact that we're bottom of the pile is mind blowing.  If the Bill's win a SB before us, i'll chop my junk off.

yep.

bills have an overrated TB who benefited from running behind the best OL in football and still have NO quarterback.

they don't sniff the playoffs as the Pats and Dolphins are both far superior teams.

I like Gil Brant. His stories alone make him an interesting listen. His analyst work is usually a little off, hence his opinion of the Panthers. No big deal, he is usually wrong about modern NFL football. No reason to hate the guy.

Well he hates the Panthers apparently and doesn't do enough research on them so...

giphy.gif

Can't believe you guys think you're some kind of juggernaut

Not talking poo, but you were indeed 7-8-1 last year and looked pretty bad most of the year. How can you blame pundits for not buying into the Panthers?  They don't post on the Huddle. 

i don't think we're as good as the cardinals (when healthy), eagles, chargers, and maybe vikings (who will be great this year) but we are sure as poo not as bad as the jags and titans.

Archived