• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Best Draft in Hornets History

bLACKpANTHER

Out of all the NBA drafts the Hornets have participated in, the one that I think is the most surprising is the Historically BAD 2000 NBA Draft.

This was the year the Hornets selected Jamaal Magloire #19th overall. Not a flashy name in the history books of the NBA but he just so happens to be one of the only 3 Allstars from the sea of trash that was the 2000 NBA Draft. Kenyon Martin, Jamaal Magloire and Michael Redd were the three. There were other players like Mike Miller and Jamaal Crawford and Hedo Turkoglu that have played on some quality teams- but if you sift through the names- it's hard to believe that we were one of the teams to actually get it Right! Maybe by chance, well, more than likely by chance, but we were actually the clear cut winners of this draft looking back.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_NBA_draft

I just think we can't get a Top 3 pick in a draft with a at least two can't miss guys.  That's what it comes down to.  When we drafted Okafor, only 1 can't miss guy in Dwight.  When we drafted MKG, Anthony Davis was the only can't miss guy in the draft.  This year if we drafted 2nd, we would've taken Jahlil.  The 2nd (or third in the Lakers eyes) best prospect and a can't miss in the draft.  Just bad luck I suppose.  

Best Hornets pick was 'Zo in '92. LJ was obvious. But if you consider 'Zo obvious too it has to be Baron Davis.

Best Bobcats pick would be either Emeka or Kemba.

for value for the Bobcats, I'm easily going with Dudley. 

Sadly, Emeka and Kemba might be the Bobcats best ever drafted players and both were/are just kindof average players. 

Archived