• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Analysis of Ra'Shon "Sonny" Harris' performance....

Zcustom

versus the Panthers last thursday night.

Rather than spend my afternoon pissing and moaning I decided to go back and look at how well our new DT played against us.

Here's what stuck out to me:

- Sacked Matt Moore on our FG drive putting us in 3rd and 24 all but eliminating a chance for a TD. He was unblocked on the play but showed good speed and the ability to tackle in the open field.

- On the same drive occupied two blockers and shed them to tackle Jamal Lee for a short gain.

- Consistently showed good push on running plays and was in the backfield often.

- He was playing DE in a 3-4 so he looked a little slow on passing downs but he should translate well to our scheme. Ran quite a few stunts and was a factor in all but one pass play that I saw.

- On our last offensive possession he blew up our O-line on one play and pushed the guard into our QB. Cantwell actually hit his hand on Harris' helmet and was noticeably in pain, I heard his hand hit Harris' helmet clearly.

- He also showed the ability to get vertical and try to block passes once he realized the QB was about to throw, came close to knocking down a couple of passes.

Overall this guy has good potential and the ability to help right away, in rotation. Granted he was playing against a lot of guys who are unemployed right now, but given our options I don't know that we could have done better. His only weakness seemed to be speed but as I said before we aren't going to line him up at DE and ask him to beat a tackle with speed. He did what we will ask him to do very well.

You may now return to freaking out.

:willy_nilly:

Stfu dude, James Harrison was on the Steeler practice squad too, his name also appears in history as the winner of last years AFL Defensive MVP.

You may have misinterpretted his comment, he's saying even other teams have fans who disgree with their personnel decisions. Thanks for your cordial reply just the same.

okay apparently this guy was really good and all the steelers fans i know are confused as to why he was let go. they wanted him on their practice squad.

remember that last year's Defensive MVP started on the steelers practice squad so they know what they're doing.

regardless im going to start irrationally hyping this guy as the answers to all our prayers.

maybe you can be right this time

Archived