• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DAY 4 - Training Camp Tweets

KB_fan

Seems like most are deeply divided on Oher.  Some want to disregard any negative and blindly hope he's the answer.  Some have already made up their mind that he sucks and we're going to have a turnstile at LT again.

We're 4 days into training camp.  Calm down folks.  Lots of guys are going to have some ups and downs through camp.  I want to see some preseason game action before I get too concerned or too excited.

Seems like most are deeply divided on Oher.  Some want to disregard any negative and blindly hope he's the answer.  Some have already made up their mind that he sucks and we're going to have a turnstile at LT again.

We're 4 days into training camp.  Calm down folks.  Lots of guys are going to have some ups and downs through camp.  I want to see some preseason game action before I get too concerned or too excited.

This. Jumping to conclusions will get you blindsided in the end 

All I reported was exactly what I saw, and it was completely accurate. I spoke to JJ about it today and he largely agrees with me. It was a bad day for Oher. 

For Ron to admit in the first place that he "made some mistakes" is all you need to know. Ron never says such a thing about a player unless it was pretty bad. 

That said, he improved today. Hopefully that is the start of an upward trend. 

I'm not disregarding the negative but I'm assuming Jeremy is being a tad too hard on Oher. The consensus yesterday was that Michael was quite shaky at the start (whiffing on blocks and giving up sacks) but he held his own against our DEs afterwards.

So I do think some of us in here are jumping the gun right now. That's just my opinion though.

Again, he held his own afterward for a single series mainly because the Panthers were running bubble screens and other drop offs. No, Oher didn't give up any more sacks or batted down balls. The other guys are correct in that regard. But the reason isn't so clear 

Archived