• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Around the NFL

Mr. Scot

I am confused by this thread.

There is an entire forum for non panthers nfl topics.  This forum is for panthers topics only. If the first one was moved why create a second? 

I actually like the one thread in the main forum. I never check the general nfl section. 

Probably because that forum generates less overall discussion than this thread does. Seems to spread things out with too many individual threads that don't necessarily need their own for discussion.

Pretty much, same as the "other games" threads on gameday.

There are some among us who follow what goes on all around the league.  This way we can discuss interesting NFL news stories briefly without a bunch of extra threads in a forum where people would miss them anyway.

Probably because that forum generates less overall discussion than this thread does. Seems to spread things out with too many individual threads that don't necessarily need their own for discussion.

Especially since general NFL talk has been combined with fantasy football.  I can see the correlation, but it's nice to not have to sift through FF stuff.

And how else would we be able to discuss stuff like this:

Rob Ryan's house is sinking

Yes, Rob Ryan’s house is sinking.

While there may be a metaphor in there for the Saints defense which he coordinates, this is in reference to his actual house, and he’s suing a pile of people for it.

According to Andy Grimm of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, Ryan has filed suit against the developer, builder and an engineering firm because his $2 million Uptown home is sinking.

“The builders fumbled the ball,” said Randy Smith, Ryan’s attorney who seems cast perfectly in this role. “And Rob Ryan, of all people, is not going to let it just sit on the ground.”

While this is all a terrible tragedy (no one’s house should ever sink) and there are terribly boring details involving pilings and joists and other construction words, let’s not lose sight of the salient point.

Rob Ryan’s house is sinking.

This story is just full of interesting, since Smith also represents the estranged family members who sued Saints owner Tom Benson, saying his new wife has plied him with candy and wine and ice cream to the point he’s incompetent to run the team.

“It is unbelievable that Rob Ryan would choose to work with the same attorney that is attempting to discredit the owner of the Saints,” developer Jim MacPhaille said in a statement. “In true fashion, attorney Randy Smith has filed a lawsuit full of exaggerations, fairy tales and outright misrepresentations in order to paint Rob Ryan as a victim.”

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjj

Archived