• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who Impressed/Who Depressed vs Patriots

Mark S

Thought it would be a good idea to make this thread again for tonight's game. 

Who Impressed:

-Cam Newton: The guy was on point today. Couple overthrows sure, but you can't blame for the absurd amount of drops tonight. 

-OLine: Once again, giving Cam plenty time to throw. However once Folkerts got injured, the line broke down. Look forward to Kalil coming back.

-1st Team D: I mean wow, we shut Brady down for the 1st half and really looked like a cohesive unit. Even with Star, KK, and CJ out.

-Shaq Thompson: Had some rookie moments but overall had a good game. Seemed to be around the ball a lot. Looking like a great pick so far.

-Kurt Coleman: Awesome pick in the 1st

-Charles Tillman: Peanut forcing turnovers. Hope to hear good news about his head injury.

-Cameron Artis-Payne: I really like the way this guy plays. Excited to see more. (This one was for you @tiger7_88

-Joe Webb: Guy looked like Cam Jr. out there tonight, awesome runs out there.

-Ted Ginn: Just glad I no longer have to worry about punt returns anymore.

-Graham Gano: Has performed well all of preseason. Keep it up.

-Edit: Kony Ealy: Had a nice sack today, good pressure on the QB. Really stepping up his game

Who Depressed:

-Corey Brown: Pretty obvious choice. Hard not to feel a little bad for the guy though. 

-2nd/3rd String OLine: Not a lot of time for Webb or Anderson. Not a big deal, but crazy that some of these guys were competing for starting positions last year. 

-Hands/Catching: Whether it was Brown, Olsen(surprising), Josh Norman, or Bene Benwikere, we just could not seem to hold onto the ball tonight. We hold onto the ball in just a few of those scenarios and this game is a blow out. Easily.

-Panthers fans: Kinda bummed out that I could hear Pats fans cheering and booing towards the end of the game. 

Let me know if I missed anyone. 

Im impressed, we totally shut down the defending champs, couldnt ask for more. We will be a top 3 D/ The offense still worries but I believe it will come around. I just wonder how long it will take though. We need a strong start to the season.

Yeah first string D really did look great. I think the offense will find its groove soon

Driving home, they were interviewing norman on the radio and he said he got way too excited cuz Janine Garofalo threw the ball right to him..  He said it felt like it took a minute and a half to get to him haha. 

I was impressedwith what I saw tonight.  Besides the drops, the defense played well and the offense moved the ball pretty well 

Really, really impressed with our defense. Shut down the reigning Superbowl champs without 3/5 best players. Shaq looks like a beast, I have a feeling we see him in the endzone this year. 

Our WRs, outside of Corey, actually didn't look too bad. Our best starting O-lineman was out and Cam had good time for the most part. 

I think we win the division, but man I'd feel a lot better with KB. 

Archived