• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Final Panthers Cuts

Jeremy Igo

5 safeties seems kind of unlikely if you look at the numbers game... Could Roman be on the bubble?

I've never seen anyone speculate about 5 safeties except when Colin Jones injury was feared serious.  I think Ron's made it clear Marlowe is headed to PS.  We've got Coleman, Boston, Harper & Colin Jones.  I'm guessing Marlowe to PS.  Lester and Ball already cut, if I remember correctly.

I've never seen anyone speculate about 5 safeties except when Colin Jones injury was feared serious.  I think Ron's made it clear Marlowe is headed to PS.  We've got Coleman, Boston, Harper & Colin Jones.  I'm guessing Marlowe to PS.  Lester and Ball already cut, if I remember correctly.

I'm seeing Marlowe has made the roster.

• Pie 1

LOTS of discussion on Twitter about the Fozzy vs. Todman debate

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=Todman&src=typd

Here is my conspiracy theory--we have 3 RBs and Tolbert.  While I expect Fozzy or Todman to make the team, If we have other needs for depth (say DT since our starters will be out of shape; DE, and DB) the smart thing would be to cut them both and carry a RB on the PS.  Wegher just played too well to be that PS back, so they may cut them both and find a fourth back after cuts to put on the PS.  Just a theory.

Marlowe told his family he made the team which I'll go off of till something else comes out about him. Today and next Sunday completely different story, pulling for him though. He's got major upside.

Edited by carpanfan96
  • Pie 2

Look at our Safeties and tell me you feel good with 4--one is an in-the-box linebacker type, but he was not impressive in preseason.  He whiffed and committed penalties.  The other is a special teamer never intended to be more than that--but maybe OK depth as the 4th S. 

Marlowe is multi-dimensional and I don't think he would survive the PS.  We would be up the creek without a paddle going with Boston, Coleman, and the 2 mentioned above.

I will go out on a limb and suggest that we either keep 5 Safeties or we cut Harper.  To Harper's credit, he is the vocal leader of the secondary, but our defense is not as effective with one coach and 10 players.

Not yet, I don't think, especially if Colin Jones might not be 100% yet.

But with Marlowe on the PS, I think Harper could be worked out of a job even before the season ends.

Unconfirmed, but Marlowe on the roster (if true) certainly suggests things could get interesting.