• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Final Panthers Cuts

Jeremy Igo

I remember Fozzy de cleating Chandler Jones on a block in the Patriots game. There are worse things than him being on the team over Wegher. It's a great problem to have - not worth too much worry. 

The offensive line should get more for the credit for our backs blowing up in preseason. 

Edited by French Navy
  • Pie 2

I remember Fozzy de cleating Chandler Jones on a block in the Patriots game. There are worse things than him being on the team over Wegher. It's a great problem to have - not worth too much worry. 

The offensive line should get more for the credit for our backs blowing up in preseason. 

He had a good block on a blitz pickup last night too.

• Pie 1

I just think if any player is the next Gettis, it's Fozzy. He's mediocre, but people want to over rate him because he has a good story. 

What is so good about his story?

Heres another play. Without it the team does not go to the playoffs.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/10/15/6984751/fozzy-whittaker-touchdown-ball-cam-newton-give-away-panthers-bengals

I just think if any player is the next Gettis, it's Fozzy. He's mediocre, but people want to over rate him because he has a good story. 

When I think Fozzy I don't think 'story,' I don't even know what his story is. I just know that he makes plays and is a threat to score every time the ball is in his hands.

Wegher is the 'story' guy, the Pittsburgh announcers were talking about it last night, how he was in trouble with the law and just wants his chance.

• Pie 3

On this Fozzy vs. Wegher argument...

I will post this with the shame it demands, but the devil in the back of my head last night offered up the thought of us cutting/trading Stewart and rolling with Artis-Payne, Fozzy, Todman, and Wegher...

I could see that happening... I wouldn't think it'd be very smart. But one could make an argument, no matter how small it is perceived, that there are benefits to getting rid of Stewart.

I love the dude and want him to be a Panther, but there always remains a chance that Gettleman could pull something like that.

• Pie 3

On this Fozzy vs. Wegher argument...

I will post this with the shame it demands, but the devil in the back of my head last night offered up the thought of us cutting/trading Stewart and rolling with Artis-Payne, Fozzy, Todman, and Wegher...

I could see that happening... I wouldn't think it'd be very smart. But one could make an argument, no matter how small it is perceived, that there are benefits to getting rid of Stewart.

I love the dude and want him to be a Panther, but there always remains a chance that Gettleman could pull something like that.

I honestly wouldn't mind at all if that happened, but this is the last year on his contract that would hurt us a good deal to cut him during. We can next year and save money, this year it would cost. And nobody is going to trade anything for him, probably not even a conditional pick to take on that contract.