• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Final Panthers Cuts

Jeremy Igo

Already keeping Wegher. Voth just tweeted saying it looks like we could be keeping Todman and Fozzy. If that's true, something crazy could go down with Stewart or Tolbert.

Great point about Tolbert.  I still don't thing we keep 5.  As I said to KB, this is VERY interesting.

Not necessarily, Todman or Whitaker could be cut.  Fill the same role.

Ron Rivera claimed this week they weren’t going to be stuck on numbers at a position. That’s the sense I’m getting at RB. All on … for now.

both sound safe. RT @yshah2187: @BlackBlueReview hope Todman keeps a spot. Felt like he showed more than Fozzy did.

Wr group would virtually almost be the 30 and over club.

Eh, I can kind of see your point, but it is fairly moot. Ted Ginn just turned 30, but he has been running boys all up and down the field.

Jones is only 31, it's not as if we are trying to sign Jerry Rice off the street here.

I haven't seen a ton of film on him, though I'm generally familiar with him. Can you elaborate a bit?

I just find it odd that a guy who has managed at least 600 yards/3 TD's the last 5 consecutive seasons isn't at least worth a look.

He has a rep for being an underachiever. And his being dumped by th last two teams who had him doesn't look good.

It's possible he gets another shot, but I'm fine if he doesn't (here, anyway).

Edited by Mr. Scot

Other sources are picking up on the Marlowe news:

Joe Person @josephperson 5m5 minutes ago

Former James Madison safety Dean Marlowe has made the Panthers 53-man roster, according to a source.

Jonathan Jones @jjones9 5m5 minutes ago

Rivera basically said practice squad [for Marlowe] last week but injuries/interest may have put him on final

Joe Person @josephperson 4m4 minutes ago

That's three undrafted rookie's for the Panthers. Marlowe, Miley, and Wegher.

Black & Blue Review @BlackBlueReview 1m1 minute ago

#Panthers interest in Marlowe this spring was very similar to Corey Brown in ’14. Would’ve used late pick, but then priority UDFA.

• Pie 1