• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Final Panthers Cuts

Jeremy Igo

Fozzy looked the most average last night again. 

Fozzy did look as good as CAP but he looked better than Todman and Wegher while playing better players.  Fozzy is going to stay but CAP is going to get more snaps for sure.  Todman will stick with another team this year for sure and after a year on PC Wegher is def going to push Fozzy but not this year because he is not ready. 

Wegher performed as well or better in every week of preseason.  When Stewart got barely a yard a carry last week. Weghers bagged 3+ YPC   You play when you are told to play. 

Maybe they didn't play him with the first to keep him hungry but IMO cutting him before Fozzy is wrong.   If you are going to keep the best 53 than keep the best 53.  If Wegher is 54 then so be it.  IMO he is top 53.

I don't care if he was the last UDFA to sign with a team this off-season.  He is a gem and we are going to find out one way or another.  Hopefully, DG would prefer it in a Panther Uniform.

I have been pulling for him from day one.  Will I implode if he doesn't make it.  NOPE but when he becomes a stud with another team.  I will, along with many others on this forum, say I told you so.

Stewart's health is not a given this year. 

We need backups who can carry the ball full time if need be. 

That is CAP and Wegher.

Fozzy and Todman should be in competition for that scat back role. 

Wegher is a lliability is pass block and we have Tolbert as a emergency back.  Jstew and CAP are your grinders and Fozzy is your change of pace.  If one gets injured Wegher will be on the PS to activate. 

Eh, too much is made of that platitude. 

If they had a really great second punter would they keep him? Of course not. 

Mainly used as a phrase to keep the guys motivated. 

Oh, I think they mean it. And while they say they don't look at position quotas, it has to factor in somewhat.

Mind you, I do believe last year's experience of winding up so thin at running back that they had to sign guys off the street is still fresh in their minds and could influence these decisions.

If Wegher does stick on the 53, it might be at the expense of another position. I just don't buy that he should beat out Fozzy.

Edited by Mr. Scot

Here's to hoping we keep 4 RBs: J Stew, CAP, Wegher, and Todman.

That's my wish list if the RB list has to be four. I'd feel safer with 5.

and that 81 guy didnt look to bad for all the huddle talking so down on him. Him and Funch kinda play the same to me.

"all the huddle"? Really? Either your survey or your memory is a little too selective.

Edited by caatfan

You haven't watched any games have you. 

Yes I have but blocking scrubs and blocking starters are two different things.  Wegher is always the last back to get touches, why do you think that is?  I'm not saying he is bad, just not ready this year.  Fozzy is a complete back that can do almost anything. Todman and Wegher have there strengths but are not complete. 

Yes I have but blocking scrubs and blocking starters are two different things.  Wegher is always the last back to get touches, why do you think that is?  I'm not saying he is bad, just not ready this year.  Fozzy is a complete back that can do almost anything. Todman and Wegher have there strengths but are not complete. 

Fozzy is a third down scat back. Far from complete. 

Why do you think they brought in 3 more running backs this offseason, one of which is an upgraded Fozzy. 

• Pie 1