• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith's son thinks we should make a trade for a certain WR before the deadline

RelaxImaPro

All the people shitting on him here would be the same ones crying tears of joy if we brought him back. The huddle is too damn sensitive and emotional

Not a matter of sensitivity to me. It's one of practicality.

Smith is 36 and his production dropped off in the latter part of last season. And that was without him having an injury like he does this year.

It'd take an awful lot to talk me into giving up anything for a guy who's only going to play a partial season anyway (you don't trade a pick for a guy to only play 11 games) but the circumstances here make that idea even less desirable than it would have been anyway.

They tried that already. It's what got him released in the first place and angered him so much he spent all of last year incinerating his bridges here.

He poisoned the well to force his release for a chance at one big last payday, and that's what he did.  He was just playing the business game and he did a good job.  He went to a 4 mill base salary to like 10mil with Baltimore ( 4mil dead money from CAR, 2-3 million dollar signing bonus from BAL, 4 million base from Bal)

There are reports that Baltimore will not trade Smith, regardless of their record. 

And honestly, why should they?

They're not in business to help out other teams or give players the sendoff they want.

The only incentive for them to make a trade is if they get something that helps them, and that's probably more than I'd be willing to give up for a guy who's not even going to play a full season.

Hmm, for that to have been put out publicly like that sounds like it might possibly have been a topic of conversation within the Smith household.  For someone as prideful and stubborn as Smitty this might be his way of saying "baby give me one more chance"

Now I know the chances of it happening are absolutely slim to fuging none, but it's an interesting possibility.  I definitely wouldn't be opposed to it as long as it were made clear this isn't his locker room anymore.

89 is in Baltimore and his son is in Charlotte.  Kids miss parents.

89? Gettlemen would likely have to get on his hands and knees and beg on camera for 89 to return.  89 is crazy.  He just ain't gonna turn off his Gettlemen rage like that. 

89 era is over.  Cam offense now.  89 is a complicated puzzle piece 

89 is in Baltimore and his son is in Charlotte.  Kids miss parents.

89? Gettlemen would likely have to get on his hands and knees and beg on camera for 89 to return.  89 is crazy.  He just ain't gonna turn off his Gettlemen rage like that. 

lol. Id say gettleman has the last laugh

smitty slaving away at his age for what? 1-5? 2-4?

Archived