• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stephen A. Smith believes we should apologize to Steve Smith

nctarheel0619

haha, eat poo you fuging tool when was the last time you provided anything to this board besides free boners to 16 year old lurkers who chance upon your avatar lol

listen, i'm not going to go back and forth with you over this. you said something dumb (everyone does) and you were called on it.

pipe down little fella

Well well well lol.  I'm just curious to know how all the steve smith haters out there would feel if  breaking news comes in that Steve Smith has been traded back to Carolina? Regardless I think deep down in all your disloyal little souls there would be just a faint glimmer of happiness.

I'd feel like the Panthers just made a huge, stupid mistake.

I love Smitty, but the best thing that has happened to him and the Panthers in the last five years is that he was sent off to Baltimore. 

For Smith, he got national recognition and he was able to start the HoF talk that you now hear. If he had stayed in Carolina, his grousing would have left the tag of locker room poison on him. That tag is the death knell for a great player with bad PR. Ask Terrell Owens, Chad Johnson a host of other guys in the top 20 players for their position that can't get a nod by the nominating committees. Two years in Baltimore to pad career stats, build some more great highlight reels and to get the mantle of fiery competitor. He needs this and he deserves to be in Canton.

The Panthers, we lost one of our most beloved sons. We also gave Cam the opportunity to make this his team, not Smitty's. That's a big, big deal. And don't you think that this summer that would have been Smith fighting with Norman, rather than Cam fighting with Norman? That would be a whole different ball game. Our offense has also shifted since Smith left, as now it doesn't flow through him as the first, second and fourth options. 

I love Smitty, but the best thing that has happened to him and the Panthers in the last five years is that he was sent off to Baltimore. 

For Smith, he got national recognition and he was able to start the HoF talk that you now hear. If he had stayed in Carolina, his grousing would have left the tag of locker room poison on him. That tag is the death knell for a great player with bad PR. Ask Terrell Owens, Chad Johnson a host of other guys in the top 20 players for their position that can't get a nod by the nominating committees. Two years in Baltimore to pad career stats, build some more great highlight reels and to get the mantle of fiery competitor. He needs this and he deserves to be in Canton.

The Panthers, we lost one of our most beloved sons. We also gave Cam the opportunity to make this his team, not Smitty's. That's a big, big deal. And don't you think that this summer that would have been Smith fighting with Norman, rather than Cam fighting with Norman? That would be a whole different ball game. Our offense has also shifted since Smith left, as now it doesn't flow through him as the first, second and fourth options. 

Like 2013?

And you sir, are a piece of poo.

No, he's not.

I don't have much emotion myself when it comes to Smith, but I don't blame fans for being pissed about the shots he's taken at the organization that gave him his NFL chance and papered over a lot of his indiscretions.

He has every right to feel that way.

Like 2013?

Smitty's last hurrah. It was a good season, but if you couldn't see the tension and the cracks. Smith fell behind Olsen in yards, with LaFell not too far behind. He was also no longer the star as Cam was getting almost all of the Me-me-me-media attention.

Archived