• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Next Step.....Touch

Day_One

I tell you, all the talk on the sports news about Our panthers has me syked.  I wanted to make a thread about the Evolution of Cam.  

Those first two games, to come out and throw for 400 yards,  i think we all know by now was more of an indicator of potential than something we could expect to happen often (obviously)  But it was nice to hear these media type talk about how Cam is starting to mature.  How He has be able to put it together to sustain drives. the exact quote this morning was that he "Has turned the corner"  and THAT... is huge my freind

In my opinion, someone who can make good decisions on the football field can actually be a better player than a guy who can hit a dime from 60 yards every single time.  Fact: cam is not always accurate.  another fact:   it doesnt matter.  He makes enough good decisions to win games.  And NOW hes learned how to manage the game. What more can you ask for?  the best part of all this is that he is only in his 5th year.  As that arm starts to get a little more tired, and he loses a bit of omph.   he will develop more touch. he HAS to learn how to drop those balls in there. Hes already doing it now, and doing it well. I cant wait to see what the future years bring when practice becomes almost soley on developing timings and accuracy for Cam.  If his accuracy next year is 10-15% higher than this year... everyone is in trouble. 

your opinions? 

10-15% is a huge increase, but then again, I wonder what our drop percentage is?  Sometimes it feels like it's 10-15%.  If we could cut down on the crazy number of drops and Cam can get a little more consistent, I don't think 10% is out of the question though I don't think Cam will ever be a guy who is leading the league in completion percentage.  He likes to take his shots down the field and I like him taking them.

Until we can get WR's that can catch and actually get seperation on a consistent basis, then his completion % will always hover around 58.

Hopefully KB comes back 100% healthy next year and we can draft somebody like Laquan Treadwell with Ginn coming out of the slot. Not to mention if Funchess can take a huge step next year.

I agree.  alot of it is on the receiver.. but as the QB... its your job to know what your guy can catch.  how hard can you throw it before he has problems.. .etc.. and lets be honest.. he does throw high quite a bit.  Im not bitchin... hes still developing.  more and better every year.  Hes going to end his carreer as one of the great passers. but.. just my opinion

thats my point... you see those flashes of perfectly placed and thrown balls.  when its bad its bad.. when its good .. its great.  I really cant wait to see the stats from his final 5 years.  at the end of the day... number of rings always trumps number of yards, but i see no reason he cant get to the level of brees or manning or rodgers. 

7 minutes ago, Day_One said:

I agree.  alot of it is on the receiver.. but as the QB... its your job to know what your guy can catch.  how hard can you throw it before he has problems.. .etc.. and lets be honest.. he does throw high quite a bit.  Im not bitchin... hes still developing.  more and better every year.  Hes going to end his carreer as one of the great passers. but.. just my opinion

I don't think Cam will ever be a consistent passer like a Brees, Rodgers, or Brady (then again, who is?). Cam is a gunslinger. He throws the ball hard and takes lots of shots downfield which contributes to his mediocre completion %. I'd rather have a gunslinger at QB who's completion % hovers around 58 than a checkdown master like Teddy Bridgewater who's completion % hovers around 65.

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

I know it wasn't by design but he threw a nice ball to Tolbert on that play where the pocket collapsed and he flicked it softly over the DE's arms and Tolbert had nothing but green grass in front of him.  

That was my favorite play of the night. Brilliant by Cam to find Tolbert there.

Archived