• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Undefeated Watch pt.2: Bills v Patriots

Jangler

Bills just missing too many opportunities and leaving too many points on the field.  Should have 17 points right now. One wide open TD missed due to a poorly thrown ball and another TD missed due to a dropped pass.  Not to mention the INT overturned due to penalty and the missed FG.

The NFL is gonna have to change their grounding rules due to Brady.  Dude abuses them.

6 minutes ago, JakeR6 said:

Does Brady ever throw the ball downfield? I bet 90% of his completions and yardage comes from throws within 5 Yd of the LOS.

Most YAC in the league and Brady has the lowest average air yardage. Cam is 2nd behind only Palmer and by less than .05 yards.

1 minute ago, JakeR6 said:

Does Brady ever throw the ball downfield? I bet 90% of his completions and yardage comes from throws within 5 Yd of the LOS.

I really wish our offense was somewhat similar though.

I said this last year, but if you look at the best passing attacks in the nfl, with the best, most accurate QBs, 70 percent of their throws are easy throws to wide open WRs, TEs, RBs.

And that is with the best, absolute most accurate QBs. Rodgers throws about 70 percent of his passes to wide open WRs...so too does Brees...so too Brady. Maybe about 10% of their throws are really difficult, down the field...thread the needle type throws.

For whatever reason, 70 percent of our offense's throws are down the field, hold the ball for 7 seconds, and thread the needle for no YAC yards type passes. Everything comes off the right arm of Newton. Prior to yesterday, I have a difficult time remembering a TD where Newton didn't have to throw it into the Endzone.

This also explains why Newton rarely ever throws for 300 yards in a game (that and a low amount of attempts). The passes he is asked to attempt (or simply refusing to take the check down) are mostly difficult throws that someone like Brady, despite being generally more accurate than Newton, attempts only about 10 percent of the time.

Archived