• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wall Street Journal's take on the Dark Knight

sml1950

11 minutes ago, sml1950 said:

The Panthers national reach has now extended to the WSJ....

http://www.wsj.com/articles/meet-the-nfls-best-method-actor-1449002579

Too bad that this could be his last season here unless we franchise him.  CBs make more than LBs and I can't see paying him more than Luke.

why not?  Cornerbacks make more than LB's. DE's make more than LB's.  Luke is the highest paid MLB in the league, that has nothing to do with Norman's money.

1 hour ago, sml1950 said:

The Panthers national reach has now extended to the WSJ....

http://www.wsj.com/articles/meet-the-nfls-best-method-actor-1449002579

Too bad that this could be his last season here unless we franchise him.  CBs make more than LBs and I can't see paying him more than Luke.

One of the few times the franchise tag is a bargain.

This helps explain so much.. Should have been figured out by our local writers

i was always confused about some of the things Norman would say in an interview. Him channeling a character helps understand what the crap he was saying. 

I still think he is borderline crazy but using a character to get mentally focused for a challenge is great.. 

No different than Hardy's "Kraken" persona. Well those two are different but the CONCEPT is the same. Honestly I think that that is Hardy's problem in Dallas. He needed the strong locker room to keep him in line and help separate the two. Now his head is just all over the place and he isn't focused.

Everyone talks about Gettleman not wanting to pay DBs, but this is the first DB he's had that has come up for a new deal and actually deserved big money.  There's no history of Gettleman letting highly valued DBs just walk away.  The Steelers laid Mitchell way too much money and that's been proven both by his performance in Pittsburgh and Coleman's performance replacing him.  Gettleman knew he wasn't worth that $$$.  Finding a plug and play safety to fill in behind our front seven is a little different than finding a legit shutdown CB.  Kinda like truly elite QBs, there's only a handful of true shutdown CBs in the NFL and Norman is one of them.

Archived