• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Roman Harper: Why We’re Undefeated (A Must Read)

The Saltman

When Harper was a Saint I really hated him.  I was unhappy we picked him up honestly.  But the more I read about him, the more I have grown to begrudgingly respect him.  I know why we picked him up even though I didn't at the time.  I guess the cheap shot mentality was a Saints thing. and not clearly who he was.  Good article and insight from a guy who is making a difference on this team on and off the field.

There were plenty of people who were unhappy when the Panthers signed Harper. I'll admit that, for my part, I was skeptical.

There are people even now who say they still don't like Harper. A few have even said that no matter what happens, they never will.

Let me tell you this:

If you can read that article all the way through and come away feeling anything but very happy that Harper is a Panther, I don't know what to say to you.

7 hours ago, Adb6368 said:

Anybody that had any question about why he is on this team should read this article... He was brought here to do way more than just play safety. Although we've seen some gaps in his coverage skills, he's more than made up for it with his leadership and mentoring. I wouldn't mind seeing him hanging around after his playing days and being a DB coach.

I don't think Harpers addition and Normans emergence coming at the same times are a coincidence, especially when you saw how Norman talked about Harper at the end of last season, and how he talked about Munnerlyn before the Vikings game

12 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I love how he showed the comparisons and the differences.  He never came out and said it but I got that the Panther way is a better way.

You could tell that he was trying very hard not to be preferential. Still, some of it came out in subtle ways.

7 hours ago, Jmac said:

This just shows how wrong we can be about a guy. He is a true team player and good person. Because he got in a scrum with 89, we all thought he was an ass....consider who the problem was with. Number 89 fought with everyone, so not suprising him and Harper had words.

Don't twist history.  Harper hit him late in the end zone.

But I'm glad he's a Panther now.

9 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

(Hey, Salt)

You want to add another dimension to that article?

Imagine what a Saints fan would feel reading some of the things he says about that 2009 team versus this one.

I think he was pragmatic in the way he discussed the Saints culture. It was definitely different than what he sees now here in Charlotte, but their way worked for that team and that city.

This was an excellent read and it did nothing but enhance my love for this team!

59 minutes ago, PoundCat said:

I think he was pragmatic in the way he discussed the Saints culture. It was definitely different than what he sees now here in Charlotte, but their way worked for that team and that city.

This was an excellent read and it did nothing but enhance my love for this team!

Plus being 30 whatever he is now in comparison to late 20s gives him a much different perspective. 

We are lucky to have a group of players who get it.

how can you not love this team... what we have in carolina...after 20 years carolina has finally had its foundation layed about who were are going to be. and has cemented itself in NFL history as a brilliant example of what football SHOULD be. the dab was only the beginning... expect this team to be emulated top to bottom.

Ill come right out and say it.  At this moment, There is no greater franchise in the NFL than the carolina panthers

Archived