• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Well, that didn't take long.. (Saints blog crying about the refs)

Raskle

9 minutes ago, saints4lifeagain said:

It didn't concern me all the times it was missed on our side, so I'm not sure what your point is. You could call holding on every play in the NFL. 

The 2013 rule change was for leading with the crown of the helmet, which didn't happen. Mauti led with his shoulder. Incidental contact with the helmet isn't a flag. Mauti probably wouldn't have been flagged even if it was a receiver, because he led with his shoulder.

Like I said, just because YOU don't care about a headlock hold on a pivotal play doesn't mean 99% of everyone else doesn't lol.  Yes, holds happen, but to not call a blatant HEADLOCK at the end of the game.... come on now.    Also Olsen's fumble should have been an incomplete compared to the rest of the calls the league has got.  Whatever, refs sucked bad, this time it was almost even for once.  They need to be held accountable man.

3 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

Like I said, just because YOU don't care about a headlock hold on a pivotal play doesn't mean 99% of everyone else doesn't lol.  Yes, holds happen, but to not call a blatant HEADLOCK at the end of the game.... come on now.    Also Olsen's fumble should have been an INT compared to the rest of the calls the league has got.  Whatever, refs sucked bad, this time it was almost even for once.  They need to be held accountable man.

I'm not saying I don't care about the holds, because it's their job to call them. Im just not going to point them out as to why we got screwed by the refs because of a hold. They happen, you know? 

Officiating had been awful this year around the league. These guys are trash. Missed 12 men in the huddle 3 times. How does that even happen? Lol. Payton said in his presser that these are things that they're getting right on Friday Night. 

Exactly, this was my point in posting this. The refs were bad for both sides, nothing more, nothing less. It was a tough fight, and both sides played their guts out.

Just hate to see anyone try to say that the refs were the reason they lost. Ashamed to say that I've done it before in the past, and thankfully, have realized how silly it sounds now. Can the refs influence a game? By all means. But, good teams overcome bad calls. We've done it 12 times this year now. Maybe blame their players for not getting the win, and not the refs, hmm?

The Saints were absolutely gifted that Olsen fumble. I haven't seen another game this year where that would have been ruled a catch. He never had a handle of the football. If they are going to start calling that a catch, fine by me... but do it in every game.

For that matter the Stewart fumble was borderline. His hands were still on the football when the knee was down, but he was in the process of losing the football. It would have stood either way it was called.

I don't feel like the refs were in our favor this game at all. Those two 12-men in the huddle penalties should have definitely been called though.

26 minutes ago, stankowalski said:

I think the reason Ingram got flagged for throwing the ball into the wall was because he came close to hitting a cameraman.  NFL don't like lawsuits apparently.

Yea people seriously need to learn their NFL...throwing the ball is a penalty...because of exactly what you just said.

You can't throw the ball at the wall or in to the crowd for fan safety....I heard Lynch talk about this the other week when they interviewed  him about his speech stuff and that actually came up.

But yea refs sucked on both sides so the aints can suck muh dick

Facemask on Olsen...Stewart was clearly down/whistle didn't get blown for whatever reason...Olsen fumble which wasn't a catch the rest of the year but all the sudden is...and yea holding...they basically allowed both sides to hold most of the night.

So yea the Panthers got away with some poo but the Saints were actually gifted points...

4 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I'm sure everyone remembers our game against the 49ers in San Fran back in 2013, and that Vernon Davis catch, turn, and fumble that was determined to be an incomplete pass after the review?

All I'm sayin

This, I was curious why we didn't challenge. Clear as fuging day Olsen never made a football move and never really had possession.

I have no idea what a catch is now. The NFL's definition seems to be whatever our opponents want a catch to be. I don't care what the definition is, as long as it is consistently applied.

If Rivera had used a challenge at that moment, you've got to consider that leaves us with no more for the rest of the game... Tough spot to be in, considering we'd already burned two challenges on ridiculous calls favoring the Saints.

1 hour ago, stankowalski said:

I think the reason Ingram got flagged for throwing the ball into the wall was because he came close to hitting a cameraman.  NFL don't like lawsuits apparently.

I read on twitter that he said some words that the referee didn't like. He may have used slurs. Who knows. 

Archived