• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

so who has given up?

rayzor

*raises hand* It's not just because of one game. This is a trend extending back to last season. Before Sunday, I thought this team would do well to get above .500. I would actually have been very okay with it given the schedule we're facing this year. Now.... I think this team has been set back by years. We've mortgaged our future for players that just aren't going to get us there.

Looking at the past 14 games (including pre-season), the trend has been one of a team losing its edge and going soft and.... worst of all.... not seeming to care or show a sense of urgency to correct it. This Sunday played like a scene of patterned abuse. Regardless of all my hope, it happened anyway. I am now numb to it because it feels like this team gave up before it even got out of the gate.

Same excuses. Same coachspeak. Same results. The team I saw Sunday will be doing well to win 4 games this year. As a fan, I am tired of getting my hopes up for a franchise that no longer seems to care about its fanbase. As a fan, I want to be proud of my team, win or lose. The team that went 7-9 with so many people going down with injuries was a team I could get behind. The team that showed that grit and determination of the Super Bowl year was a team that was amazing to support (especially for those of us that endured the preceding years for so long). The team that was always laying it on the line week in and week out was a team I could put my heart into.

These guys.... they got paid and seem to be happy with that.

..well put.

I'm all in. Still. Regardless.

What gets me is all those lurker/newbies that finally get the guts up to post something and it is all negative. I.E. "Fire Fox", "Fire Jake", "All is lost", etc. Those morons can just run it in their a$$es.

I think the board would be better off if newbs only get to post in certain forums until they either get their heads on straight or get bant for being the utter sh!theads that they are.

It's simple, if you are a fan, great. If you just get brave enough to only post negative things (especially after only one loss), I'm sure there are plenty of other teams that would love to have your support.

Normally I ignore the retardation but I think I'm gonna start going on a neg rep campaign against the totally stupid just as soon as I get the rep button back...

Anybody care to join me?

Not joining the neg rep campaign but yes, I feel the same way.

Honestly, I don't think I'll be posting here that often anymore. I can't get upset at things I have little to no control over.

I think it's pretty obvious that we're not a championship team this season. I know we can still make the postseason if we turn things around soon. But I think that there's a chance that we go 0-4 and I don't think that we will be able to recover from that.

I predict 5-11 this season based on what we've seen so far in the season/preseason and based on the potential I think the team has to turn things around as the season continues.

Said 10-6 before the season, no need to change. I also said we would be either 1-2 or 0-3 at the bye so that hasn't changed either.

For those bailing already, I hope you aren't the same guys busting the fans for leaving early. Bailing at game 1 out of 16 is a lot like a fan bailing when the game is only 1/16th over. That would be 4 minutes into the first quarter.

Just sayin.....

Agreed. I always look for your posts to make sense out of the chaos.

I, honestly don't know or understand what has happened.

Are we doomed or did we just have two games with some major glitches?

Of course I was not happy with our first game, and of course Jake was having an off (very off) day.

But...I saw confusion on the O-line that allowed the Eagles to keep Jake under pressure...a special teams that made some big mistakes...WR routes that did not make sense given the Eagles secondary...and etc.

So...I guess I'm not ready to just slam Jake and assume that replacing him is the one thing that will make this team better.

I'm not trying to be a homer...maybe I am...it's just that there was so much blame to go around that I am confused why it all has to be on Jake.

I guess I'm going to have to cop out and say that I need to see how we respond to this mess in our next game before I start laying the blame on Jake or thinking that Jake is done.

10-6.

I will never give up. Quitting is for losers.

10-6 still very possible. after sunday maybe 9-7 but still a winning record. it can happen. the team is better than what they showed on sunday.
Said 10-6 before the season, no need to change. I also said we would be either 1-2 or 0-3 at the bye so that hasn't changed either.

For those bailing already, I hope you aren't the same guys busting the fans for leaving early. Bailing at game 1 out of 16 is a lot like a fan bailing when the game is only 1/16th over. That would be 4 minutes into the first quarter.

Just sayin.....

i think these fans are as bad as the ones who take off early or who just stay there to yell at the panthers and tell them how much they suck. they probably would be hanging out in parking lots waiting for the players to leave to throw stuff at them. much easier to do it in here, though.

What gets me is all those lurker/newbies that finally get the guts up to post something and it is all negative. I.E. "Fire Fox", "Fire Jake", "All is lost", etc. Those morons can just run it in their a$$es.

I think the board would be better off if newbs only get to post in certain forums until they either get their heads on straight or get bant for being the utter sh!theads that they are.

It's simple, if you are a fan, great. If you just get brave enough to only post negative things (especially after only one loss), I'm sure there are plenty of other teams that would love to have your support.

Normally I ignore the retardation but I think I'm gonna start going on a neg rep campaign against the totally stupid just as soon as I get the rep button back...

Anybody care to join me?

i think i'm on board with this. why not? can we still neg rep them back to the smack talk forum?
Agreed. I always look for your posts to make sense out of the chaos.

I, honestly don't know or understand what has happened.

Are we doomed or did we just have two games with some major glitches?

Of course I was not happy with our first game, and of course Jake was having an off (very off) day.

But...I saw confusion on the O-line that allowed the Eagles to keep Jake under pressure...a special teams that made some big mistakes...WR routes that did not make sense given the Eagles secondary...and etc.

So...I guess I'm not ready to just slam Jake and assume that replacing him is the one thing that will make this team better.

I'm not trying to be a homer...maybe I am...it's just that there was so much blame to go around that I am confused why it all has to be on Jake.

I guess I'm going to have to cop out and say that I need to see how we respond to this mess in our next game before I start laying the blame on Jake or thinking that Jake is done.

not really a cop out. it's the rational thing to do, imo. the last game of one season and the first of a next does not a season make.
we should make a separate panther forum for newbs only and call it "the playpen"
not sure if you were serious about this but i wouldn't mind it.

be good for the trolls from other teams who come in as well.

6-10

No pass rush, no pass protection, lackluster secondary, and none of our QB's seem to be capable at all. This was evident all pre-season *except the QB part* and clearly evident in Sunday's loss.

Also, roflz @ all the homers hyping Moore as the savior.

Anybody care to join me?

So you want to suppress the opinions of anyone who you don't agree with? Wow, that truly is the homer mentality in a nutshell. Can't stand to hear anything negative at all. LMFAO.

Archived