• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers vs. NFC West in the Playoffs

Seamonk

I thought it was interesting that we've only played the NFC West in the playoffs since losing the NFCCG to Seattle during the 2005 Season.

2005 - NFC Championship - @Seattle (Lost Super Bowl to Steelers)

2008 - NFC Divisional - Arizona (Lost Super Bowl to Steelers)

2013 - NFC Divisional - San Francisco (Lost NFCCG to Seattle)

2014 - NFC Wildcard - Arizona

2014 - NFC Divisional - @Seattle (Lost Super Bowl to NE Deflated Balls)

Judging by how the playoffs are projected to play out with a lot of people picking Seattle over Minnesota and Arizona possibly winning in Divisional, it looks like it will be more of the same.

Doesn't matter because we can beat any team in our way, just thought it was interesting.

#KeepPounding

I thought 2005 was a good year, we just had too many injuries going into that game. Lost Deshaun Foster against Chicago and Nick Goings in the game. We were down to our 4th running back off the practice squad. "Just triple cover Steve Smith" and it worked.

2008 was just unfortunate. 2013 sucked but it was venturing into new territory and set us up for our success now.

1 hour ago, Seamonk said:

I thought 2005 was a good year, we just had too many injuries going into that game. Lost Deshaun Foster against Chicago and Nick Goings in the game. We were down to our 4th running back off the practice squad. "Just triple cover Steve Smith" and it worked.

2008 was just unfortunate. 2013 sucked but it was venturing into new territory and set us up for our success now.

They used 4 levels of coverage on Smitty.  

4!!!!!

still had a TD.  (Punt return but watevs)

2013 was very disappointing.  I remember someone posting here after the Eagles chokejob to NO "the Saints just knocked us out of the playoffs" because our divisional opponent just became San Fran instead of an easy to beat Eagles team that we would have crushed.

Couldn't punch it in from the 1 yard line, awful, and no meaningful penalty for going over the O-line and kicking Cam in the head.

Pundits were by and large picking the 49ers over us, much to the chagrin of this board, and unfortunately they were right.  We'll never hear the end of it if we lose at home to the Seahawks next week in a similar anemic offense scenario, really making it a must win for so many reasons.

Looking back Vegas had us as two point dogs, in our own house, to the niners!  Sadly we didn't even come close to covering.  This time I imagine we'll be two point favorites over Seattle

If it wasn't for our RB injuries, we could have won the SB in 2005. All Seahawks had to do was blanket Smitty to win, we had nothing else left on offense

I thought it was interesting that we've only played the NFC West in the playoffs since losing the NFCCG to Seattle during the 2005 Season.

2005 - NFC Championship - @Seattle (Lost Super Bowl to Steelers)

2008 - NFC Divisional - Arizona (Lost Super Bowl to Steelers)

2013 - NFC Divisional - San Francisco (Lost NFCCG to Seattle)

2014 - NFC Wildcard - Arizona

2014 - NFC Divisional - @Seattle (Lost Super Bowl to NE Deflated Balls)

Judging by how the playoffs are projected to play out with a lot of people picking Seattle over Minnesota and Arizona possibly winning in Divisional, it looks like it will be more of the same.

Doesn't matter because we can beat any team in our way, just thought it was interesting.

#KeepPounding

Yes, the refs pretty much jobbed us against the 9ers in 2013, but we lost because we couldn't score points. We couldn't get in from the 1 yard line.

2008 remains the worst and most painful for me. That game was a disaster unfolding slowly in front of you. I wanted Jake pulled after INT #2, just had a bad feeling after that

1 hour ago, Camvp said:

2013 was very disappointing.  I remember someone posting here after the Eagles chokejob to NO "the Saints just knocked us out of the playoffs" because our divisional opponent just became San Fran instead of an easy to beat Eagles team that we would have crushed.

Couldn't punch it in from the 1 yard line, awful, and no meaningful penalty for going over the O-line and kicking Cam in the head.

Interesting how, like Seattle this weekend, the 49'ers had to go to a COOOOLD place before trecking over to play us, and they didn't exactly come out of the gates flying either, a combination of what you said along with questionable refereeing and other things meant that the 49'ers were ahead at HT. I'm beyond certain that if Seattle won and started the game like the 49'ers did, we'd hang 20-30 points on them by half time, no way would we get stuck in the redzone like we did against the 49'ers

3 hours ago, Kuhndog94 said:

I'd like to forget 2005 and 2008. I'd also like to forget the rigged 2013 game to set up a NFC West showdown in the NFCCG.

2008 was the year that still irritates me to this day. How did Fox not realize, at some point, that Delhomme needed to be pulled! I would take three more years of Clausen just to forget this game.

Just now, Apotheosis said:

2008 was the year that still irritates me to this day. How did Fox not realize, at some point, that Delhomme needed to be pulled! I would take three more years of Clausen just to forget this game.

Other than the last minute Super Bowl loss, the AZ game with Jake is the most painful memory when it comes to the Panthers.  

I was sure that team was going to go deep into the playoffs. 

Not so much.

And for that, the Cardinals are on the Panthers 2015-2016 revenge tour schedule.

I'll never forget THE Cardinals game. 

We had a band at our tailgate off Moorehead, Jaeger-bucket was being passed around, rowdy as hell....

Game starts, we march down field, still looking like the best team in the league in spite of Jake in his twilight; Stewart punches it in.  Yahooo!

Then sh*t hit the fan, lost my phone, Jake happens, and everyone realizes an era had ended.  I try to forget those next 2 years. 

Archived