• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

McDermott Interviewing with Bucs

AntiBuc

51 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

The problem that Tampa has had over the years has not been defense but rather offense.  Dirk as the OC has turned the offense around from being 30th in the league in 2014 to 6th in 2015. If they thought they could keep their OC and get someone like McDermott, they would do it in a heartbeat.  So the question they have to ask is it better to go defensive coordinator as your head coach and possibly regress on the offense if your coordinator leaves, or keep Dirk to build the offense and bring in a defensive guy as your DC.  Or steal all of McDermott's ideas and bring in some up and coming guy.

As for should he interview, it is a double edge sword.  Practice makes you a better interviewer but like in Rivera's case it can be used against you.  One of Ron's knocks was that he was interviewed 9 times before he got the gig  here.  People just assumed that if he very so good then why did so many teams pass over him.  So you want to interview but only those jobs where they are serious and not just using you.

12 of their last 13 draft picks were used on offensive players. It's natural that the offense would improve and that the defense would still suck when you don't add any actual talent to it.

1 hour ago, Snake said:

It use to be that way. They changed it so successful teams can lose there staff to unsuccessful ones.  Parody my friend. 

But it is still unfair. What if the Browns suddenly have a magical season and make the playoffs? Then their staff gets taken away and then they're back to sucking again. They should go back to the old rule of no interviews till after the Super Bowl.

1 minute ago, AceBoogie said:

I think his role on this team is overrated as much as Gus Bradley's was on the seahawks.

Maybe, but I still think its stupid to allow someone who is still apart of your team to be on interview. I know some teams year is over but not ours. 

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Maybe, but I still think its stupid to allow someone who is still apart of your team to be on interview. I know some teams year is over but not ours. 

I agree. ALL job interviews should be postponed until the conclusion of the NFL season and that means after the Super Bowl.

Just now, AceBoogie said:

I agree. ALL job interviews should be postponed until the conclusion of the NFL season and that means after the Super Bowl.

Or at least shut down after this week. Last year Dan Quinn was practically a falcon by the time the SB came around. 

This is where I'm torn as well.  It does seem contradictory to allow coaches to interview for new jobs when they are being paid to do one at the moment. But with that said if I had a job(a good one monetary wise) and then was offered an opportunity to have a better one I would certainly want to take the Interview ASAP.  And I could see how it would be extremely annoying if the NFL forces them to hold off on them bettering themselves and their family.  And this is just putting me in McDermott's shoes.  Then again, as for the Panthers organization I could see them being frustrated as well.  But I do believe that McD won't be in Tampa next year, everything I have read is leaning towards Dirk Koetter as the next HC and have also seen where the team would like this to happen as well. Tough situation really for the panthers and McD but we will be ready come playoff time, and so will McD.

Archived